LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I accidentally put some power steering in my brake fluid revisor, how screwed am I? I was reading online that you should replace ever rubber hose and o ring, how many are there on the break system I cant seem to find that out. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Registered
I believe I accidentally put some power steering in my brake fluid revisor, how screwed am I? I was reading online that you should replace ever rubber hose and o ring, how many are there on the break system I cant seem to find that out. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.
The good news is that you are not the first to make this mistake 馃榿, get a turkey baster , ( big rubber ball on top of a faint plastic shot looking device ) they are a buck at dollar general . Fill up the rez , run some dot 3 or 4 , threw the system for couple of cycles of pumping the brakes with the car on . ( or drive it )! Same process to drain that fluid , do this one more time . You should of collected most of the tranny fluid as it gonna float on the brake fluid . Then see if the seals and o-rings leak or are compromised, then change them . If you are running factory rubber brake lines, that is the easiest place to see if damage has accrued . I recommend stainless steel braided flex lines . They are about $125 bucks for my 95 corvette , so minus the corvette tax , your should be cheaper . I really think if you caught it fast, your good . If not the master solenoid kit is available as well as caliper seals kit , and the above mentioned brake flex lines with banjo .
Hope this helps ,
GOD bless ,
Robert

Registered
Font Line Parallel Rectangle Triangle

Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

The good news is that you are not the first to make this mistake 馃榿, get a turkey baster , ( big rubber ball on top of a faint plastic shot looking device ) they are a buck at dollar general . Fill up the rez , run some dot 3 or 4 , threw the system for couple of cycles of pumping the brakes with the car on . ( or drive it )! Same process to drain that fluid , do this one more time . You should of collected most of the tranny fluid as it gonna float on the brake fluid . Then see if the seals and o-rings leak or are compromised, then change them . If you are running factory rubber brake lines, that is the easiest place to see if damage has accrued . I recommend stainless steel braided flex lines . They are about $125 bucks for my 95 corvette , so minus the corvette tax , your should be cheaper . I really think if you caught it fast, your good . If not the master solenoid kit is available as well as caliper seals kit , and the above mentioned brake flex lines with banjo .
Hope this helps ,
GOD bless ,
Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts