LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been awhile since I've been on, unfortunately had to put the project on the back burner for awhile but I recently rebuilt the motor, shes running strong and sounds great, however I'm now looking into putting a new exhaust system on it, it's a 96 SLP model with the dual cats (one downstream for the passenger side and the one right off the manifold for the driver side) and o2 sensors, anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to take it down to one cat but finding a spot for that o2 sensor off the manifold cat is kind of a struggle here. Looking for brands/ links/ ideas. Perhaps even some pictures if anyone has them.

·
Global Moderator
13,303 Posts
Only info I can provide is that Slp system used freer flowing cats than stock exhaust system of that time. That's why slp equipped cars had some more horse power & torque over stock .

Because of the lower build numbers on the slp edition, I don't recommend changing the exhaust system. As this would devalue the car, in the eyes of collectors.

If I were changing the exhaust system, I would go with Kooks long tubes. Then use a magniflow y-pipe with o2 bung holes. Then a free flow cat. Followed by a magniflow cat back with post cat bung hole.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts