LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m new to the groups but any how I’m pretty mechanically inclined so with you all’s knowledge we can get something figured out about my 4th gen camaro I just bought this car and let me tell you when it runs it runs good however let me tell you guys about the build it’s a 1995 z28 lt1 it’s a 40 Over build lunati grind cam 232/238 with a 109 lsa heads have been reworked ported with larger 202 160 valves comp 1.6 roller rockers with comp push rods as well double beehive springs ls7 lifters Eagle crank pistons and rods build Borge Warner 6 speed tranny with a ford 9 inch rear Diff well needless to say the car started knocking after a pull the other day sounds deep like spun bearings I plan to tear into it and see what I’m really dealing with I’m really new to the lt1s so you guys can give me some info on these things I’ve heard they are monsters if they are built right and that’s what I plan to do with you guys help

·
Global Moderator
13,268 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you are familiar with the sbc 350 or 305 engine, you should have no trouble with the bottom end of a lt1 engine. If building for a lot of power, I would choose all forged components. But this is just my preference.

Where the lt1 differs from the sbc engine is it's reverse cooling and optispark distributor on the front of engine. Also the steam pipes attached to back of cylinder heads.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hi guys I’m new to the groups but any how I’m pretty mechanically inclined so with you all’s knowledge we can get something figured out about my 4th gen camaro I just bought this car and let me tell you when it runs it runs good however let me tell you guys about the build it’s a 1995 z28 lt1 it’s a 40 Over build lunati grind cam 232/238 with a 109 lsa heads have been reworked ported with larger 202 160 valves comp 1.6 roller rockers with comp push rods as well double beehive springs ls7 lifters Eagle crank pistons and rods build Borge Warner 6 speed tranny with a ford 9 inch rear Diff well needless to say the car started knocking after a pull the other day sounds deep like spun bearings I plan to tear into it and see what I’m really dealing with I’m really new to the lt1s so you guys can give me some info on these things I’ve heard they are monsters if they are built right and that’s what I plan to do with you guys help
Welcome! Your car must rip! Good luck with the rebuild. Do you have a decent machine shop near you?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts