LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello, on a 1995 chevy Impala I too have a similar problem. The local O'Reily's scan tool will not link to the car. At the same time I also noticed that the installed Scanmaaster doesn't stay on where should I start

·
Global Moderator
12,962 Posts
You should start with the fact that your 95, even though it has a 16 pin obd 2 connector, it is a obd 1 computer system.

To read your computer you will need an obd 1 scanner. The auto parts stores only read obd 2, which is 96 & newer.

You moght also want to start your own thread with your future problems. You've resurrected a 11 year old thread here.

The best obd 1 scanner I know of is the free pc based scan program called "scan9495". It was written primarily for 93-95 f-bodies but will work on your b-body also. It scans for regular codes, ABS, & SIR codes. It does running sensor scans & logs data to file for later playback. It also tests engine & auto trans actuators. Get it at
My Files

You will also need Microsoft dot net framework. It is available at same site as scan9495. It's in it's own folder. Also get newest version of scan9495 in the lt1-v8 folder,

You will need to buy a obd 1 cable to connect cat's aldl to usb port of pc computer. Get at OBD Diagnostics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts