LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

So as stated I have a 1994 Trans AM bone stock with 4l60e transmission. I broke my transmission mount a long time ago and had it replaced. I believe it broke again and replaced with aftermarket polyurathane or something along those lines. If my memory is correct it hasnt shifted right ever since. If I am cruising along just as a daily driver and not gunning it the car shifts fine and all is right in the world. If I accelerate quickly, like freeway on ramp, and really try to push it to get to speed it will slip out of gear and then it feels like I am going over rocks or something and the whole car shakes. The shifter shakes really bad. So, my question is 1. Is my transmission screwed and I am on borrowed time for a rebuild? 2. Did the transmission mount cause something else to break/wear out? like a torque arm, torque converter or something? Any help of how to diagnose this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Global Moderator
13,110 Posts
Only thing I can suggest is going back to a standard trans mount. Then checking your motor mounts to see if they need replacing.

You might also want to PM our member dynamic396. He's a trans expert and works on 4l60e's all the time. He doesn't come on forum very often. But I'm hoping he will respond to your PM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts