LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with this, I bought a 1994 LT1 with the 4L60-E. The guy said the previous owner lost the ECM to the powertrain and does not have the vin number from the original car the LT1 came out of. I’m wondering if there’s any way I can somehow get a ECM without the vehicle’s vin.

·
Global Moderator
13,060 Posts
Todays your lucky day. I just happen to have a 95 firebird trans am pcm that should be in good working order. It uses the same program that 94 pcm uses, except for 1 data line. The 95 has pulse width modulated torque converter lock up, while 94 doesn't have this feature.

By the way, you can get any used 94 pcm from same make model, transmission, rear gear ratio, from a junk yard. It doesn't matter if vin is different. If it means that much to you to have correct vin in pcm give this pcm tuner a try. You can send him the pcm and he would change the program to match your 94. www.lt1pcmtuning.com

Also, here's a link to a salvage yard search engine. You should find a 94 pcm there. First, search your state. If that doesn't provide a pcm, search whole country. Yards on search engine ship parts all over the country.

If you can't find anything, get back to me and we're discuss terms for my 95 pcm. Which you can send to the company at tuning link I provided. For a modest cost, Salomon wil flash the pcm with correct stock 94 program.

·
Global Moderator
13,060 Posts
I did a quick check of search engine. There are 94 Pcm's available. If you choose one from a 95 f-body, it will have same difference as my 95 pcm.

If you choose a pcm from a caprice, impala ss, buick roadmaster, fleetwood, you will have to install 94 f-body program. The stock program in any of those pcm's will run your engine, but it won't run correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts