LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Autism so forgive me if I post in the wrong place and ramble a lot I don't know better and to try and change my ways just stresses me out so here goes please help. :LS1LT1flag:

1994 Firebird Trans Am V8 trying to convert over to 25th Anniversary package (everything but blue pin stripe yeck) all white and black. :cool:

ANYWAY. When I bought the car 3 months ago the WHOLE LOCK on the DS was GONE (cylinder housing and 'duck bill claw' thing and all) just a big hole. To TOP it off (get it? HAHAH) anyway seriously to TOP it off the PS has the lock in place and its locked and NONE OF THE KEYS FIT IT.:homer:

Long story short I had to pay a locksmith 20 bucks to drill it out and I threw away the whole lock thinking I could buy a replacement online, which is TRUE....... kinda :craz28:

As you can see Firebird Parts | T-Top | Classic Industries 1982-1992 come WITH the 'duck bill claw thing' (see the silver bit at the bottom) but the 1993-1994 (GEN 4 WONDER YEARS) DO NOT?!?!?!

I even called and emailed them and they checked the box and sure enough no 'duck bill claw thing' in that box :eek:

I searched for weeks and can not find those bills anywhere, and to top it all of my usual pack rat mentality went haywire that day and I threw the only one I had in the TRASH :werd:

Help.

Kel

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 25th anniversary of the camaro was 1992, so that was a 3rd gen package

do you mean 30th anniversary?
Nope Firebird started a bit later. 1994 was our 25th anniversary and it started the 4th gen off with a BANG which was really just the horrible idea of putting the moisture prone distributor about 6" from the ground and just under leak prone water pump :craz28:

Plus all my year have problems with the PS rear passenger foot well filling with water coming from OF ALL PLACES THE TRUNK :( Not the T tops nor the window seal as you would expect.

1993-1994 was their experiment year for Gen 4 where they made all the mistakes so yall later 4th geners could have a smooth ride :lol:

On top of that the chick that owned it before me crashed it some weird way and it will have to be put on a dealership wrack at some point which will START at round 1k and go up from there to straighten it out properly :(

If this year didn't look so sweet, I would probably have just ran it to the ground and put her down like 'ol yeller.

As it is I plan to keep her for life and I OCD about my project cars.

I need those T top lock bills but I don't want to have to buy whole new T tops to get them :(

The dirty trick of it is Classic Industries | Restoration Parts | Mopar Parts | Camaro Parts | Firebird Parts | Nova Parts | Impala Parts | GM Truck Parts | Tri-Five Chevy Parts taunts me with the previous gen getting the silver bit while screwing me out of one :craz28:

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
just run the t-tops without the locks. neither of mine have locks in them, no big deal. you can just shove some well-chosen grommets in the holes so it looks ok. it's not like they'll fly off if you dont lock them, and there are way easier ways to break into a car than through the t-tops.

in my opinion 94-95 were the best LT1 years, reliability and all. you can get a vented optispark like 95+ if you buy the msd unit and hook up a vent harness, and you'll be in the same position as any 95+ LT1. imo.

trunk leaks can be fixed pretty easily, just get in the car and have someone hose it down. a bit of leakage is allowed from the factory, that's why trunks have drain holes.

a lot of the time, weatherstripping just needs some silicone grease and its good to go

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
you know, i do still have one lock cylinder, if you really need that stupid little peice of metal, i can rip it out of there and make you a pair of them. but still i'd just ditch 'em.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
i'll do it for free, if i can find where i put the thing; all the leftover parts from my car are in giant cardboard boxes in the trunk. check with me in a few days

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O.O Thank you! I'll at least pay for shipping unless of course you are near San Antonio lol :/ I'll remind you again before the weekend.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Perfect gimee your paypal email when you can thanks!

To further clarify it is this here part #5 pawl and no dealership in the country has it :(

YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE OBI WON!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts