Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

1 of 8 ever produced
350 LT1 V8
Tremec T-56 transmission
No sunroof, no T-tops
No AC
Crank windows
Manual locks

Car is gutted. Recently weighed in at 3,100 lbs.
Lightweight 11 lb battery.

Stock 16x8 wheels with 245/50/16 Kelly Charger GT all-season tires
C4 Corvette ZR-1 17x11 wheels with 315/35/17 Nitto NT01 D.O.T.-R tires
Custom elongated wheel studs and spacers

Relocated optispark, converted to vented system
Comp Cam - 224/230 with .530 lift
1.6 aluminum rocker arms
New pushrods
New lifters
Electric water pump
Minor headwork
SLP headers
Random Tech Cats
Flowmaster Thunder catback
341 whp
339 ft-lbs torque

4.10 rear end
New TorSen limited slip differential
New diff and transmission fluid
Skipshift eliminated

2002 WS6 Front Sway Bar
Uprated front Sway Bar bushings
New front end links
Stock rear sway bar, new end links and bushings
Tubular control arms
Subframe connectors
Adjustable panhard rod

Global West Coilovers
Custom spring rates
Double adjustable custom valved shocks

WILLING TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
Four 1LE (rare, factory sport) bushings for front control arms - new, not installed yet
C5 Corvette "Wagon Wheels" 18x9.5 without tires (brand new, in box)
Momo Corse Race Seat
Corbeau A4 Race Seat
5-point "Cam-lock" Harness
6-point traditional harness

You can do the math - with the low weight of the car and the modifications made, the acceleration and grip provide impressive performance.

CAR IN ACTION
http://www.youtube.com/v/4oGdb9b6XOA

$6,000

·
Global Moderator
13,567 Posts
Please delete the 1 of 8 ever produced garbage. When you run a vin check, every 4th gen made is unique in one aspect or another. My 95 trans am is 1 of 2 produced with some silly rpo it has, but it is not a rare car, nor will it ever be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a rare car - the lack of AC, power anything and t-tops/sunroof contributed to a very low original curb weight of 3,349 lbs, which, combined with further weight reduction, allows the vehicle to be very nimble.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My car is one of four. All of our cars have quite a few available options. By that logic we all have some pretty rare cars. None the less, good luck with the sale! Sounds like it's Good running car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
936 Posts
like coco was saying, my car is a 1 of 7 just because the owner decided to get the option of same color mirrors and on the bar inbetween the t-tops and back glass. that only looks at how many cars were made with that exact combination of options and when theres so many thousands of combinations offered, the small amount of cars created the exact same can make the car look rare. my car is not rare nor would i try to use that as a selling point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To someone who is interested in racing this car, the rarity of the lack of options, resulting in the low curb weight, is an important selling point.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Please delete the 1 of 8 ever produced garbage. When you run a vin check, every 4th gen made is unique in one aspect or another. My 95 trans am is 1 of 2 produced with some silly rpo it has, but it is not a rare car, nor will it ever be.
Wow, really? If you are not interested in purchasing the car keep your opinion to your self. I can't believe as a mod you have the gall to post this in a for sale thread!

·
Registered
456 Posts
like coco was saying, my car is a 1 of 7 just because the owner decided to get the option of same color mirrors and on the bar inbetween the t-tops and back glass. that only looks at how many cars were made with that exact combination of options and when theres so many thousands of combinations offered, the small amount of cars created the exact same can make the car look rare. my car is not rare nor would i try to use that as a selling point.
See above!

·
Global Moderator
13,567 Posts
Featherburner, I suggest you also keep your opinions to yourself.

Funny how it's ok for you to post your opinion, but not the rest of us.

In case some of the members don't know. 4th gens are not rare, nor will they ever be, with the exception of a few speciality models that were built. And even they will never be that rare.

As a moderator, it is my job to call out blatantly false information, when it is posted. Calling a 94 formula rare because it has no t-tops, and power options is wrong. I consider it false advertising, and so do many other members. One of my jobs as moderator, is to keep it real.

As stated above, every car made is unique in some way, my 95 trans am, if the criteria for rareness is that of being 1 out of 8, then my car is even more rare as it is 1 out of 2 made. Guess I should ask $120,000 for mine.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
If you want to know if it's rare, call George at GM VVS and order the package for your VIN. That's how you know. You can throw the Comp Nine and other BS right out the window because they have flawed statistics in their equations. George has the numbers from GM.

Keep in mind that rare does not necessarily equal valuable. I had a triple green '69 Camaro. Rare? Sure. Ugly as hell? Absolutely. Worth more? Nope.

·
Registered
70 Posts
just chiming in on the "rare".....
so the NHRA editions aren't rare?okay
the 11 in 97,9 in 98 lingenfelter Hurst formula's aren't rare?i think they might be!
the last of the breed yellow 2002's that are ugly as hell?
get off his nut's.
there are some rare 4 g's,alot of option's or lack of make a few stand out.
JMHO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts