LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello hope your having a good day...

I have installed headers on my 1994 Lt1 z28 and removed the egr hookup and Installed the delete plate and hose delete caps, The air pump is still connected. The computer is throwing a code and I understand why because it cant read the egr.

From what I've reasearched to fix this so far is:

-Tune the ECU obd1 and remove the egr somehow? Several shops have tried to program it out but its old and outdated to there modern obd2 style im told on a dyno
Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive design Tread Bumper

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

Font Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gadget Electronic device

Rectangle Font Astronomical object Electronic device Electric blue

, I've attempted the chip (power control module), which has failed, where do I get my ecu properly custom tuned for a old obd1 style (1994)?

-install o2 sensor simulators?

-remove the entire air pump assembly?

Is this accurate?

Computer number
Going left to right 898KNCK040035895

Thanks again for any of your time, super grateful.

Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello hope your having a good day...

I have installed headers on my 1994 Lt1 z28 and removed the egr hookup and Installed the delete plate and hose delete caps, The air pump is still connected. The computer is throwing a code and I understand why because it cant read the egr.

From what I've reasearched to fix this so far is:

-Tune the ECU obd1 and remove the egr somehow? Several shops have tried to program it out but its old and outdated to there modern obd2 style im told on a dyno View attachment 32961
View attachment 32958
View attachment 32962
View attachment 32960
View attachment 32959
, I've attempted the chip (power control module), which has failed, where do I get my ecu properly custom tuned for a old obd1 style (1994)?

-install o2 sensor simulators?

-remove the entire air pump assembly?

Is this accurate?

Computer number
Going left to right 898KNCK040035895

Thanks again for any of your time, super grateful.

Tom
Get yourself the tunercat program and cable, i paid around $160.00 for it and a laptop and you can tune around the emission delete yourself. I did an LT-1 swap from a caprice into a square body gmc and deleted all emissions and was able to tune around all of it. I'm not real savvy with computers so it really isn't too complicated. Just make sure to keep continuous 12 volts to the system and as advised in the instructions, DO NOT interrupt the laptop when it's downloading your changes. I ended up "bricking" my b-body ecm because my laptop battery died while downloading my changes, so hook it up to wall power and I went as far as adding a second battery via jumper cables to my truck while making changes. And while your at it, get freescan 9495 so you can view error codes as well. Just my 2 cents!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts