LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help with a lil something. I have a 93 Z28. I'm the third owner. It has a kieth black setup , well had til I spun a rod bearing. I bought a kit with oversized rod bearings, replaced it and like a fool I didn't change my rod. Trial and error, which brings me to where I need help. What rebuild kit should I use to rebuild, and I'd like to find a cam kit or even buy new heads. I'd like to get around 400 at the wheels. I have a stage 2 performance chip and a shift kit, and that's about all. If u could send some info on some master bottom end kits I'd sure appreciate it. I'd like to build a 350 or 383 stroker. Just depends on power to price.. I have 3000, no more then 3500 tops.. thanks again

·
Global Moderator
13,430 Posts
When you spun a bearing, crank lobe became toast. As well as rod. Should have bought a new crankshaft & connecting rod. I'm not really proficient in the high performance area, so I can't help with that.

And I take it that you've found out that an oversized rod bearing won't fix the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have know better then to just grab a crankshaft kit with over sized bearings. I was hoping to have her as strong as normal at least. But now I know where I messed up and made my mistake. Now I'd love some guidance and assistance on how to best build my LT1 to either a 355 or a 383 stroker. But my budget and trying to save and not hit the 3500 mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts