LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here.
I have a 1992 vette with a six speed. Im really tired of messing with the opti and ECM. I want to do something different and was thinking an LS swap but, the adapter to the six speed dont exactly make it a bolt on swap. Anyways, so I was thinking about doing an HEI intake with a Holley Sniper but want all my stock gauges to work, I would have to buy a new stock ECM since I dont have one anymore. Ive seen a guy on youtube that drilled a hole for an HEI distributor and used a 411 ECM but kinda confused on it and not even sure if I go that route. Trying to keep the cost below $2000 if at all possible. The car has been sitting for two years and tired of my 98 and always preferred the 92 anyways.

·
Global Moderator
13,430 Posts
If your wanting to do a ls swap, why not sell the lt1 engine and T-56 trans. If the trans is in good working order, there's no reason you can't get at least $2000 for it. Probably even more. That would increase your kitty to $4000 or more for buying a LS & T-56 setup for your 92.

But if you already own a 98 corvette, you already have a LS 1 engine, computer, & eng/trans wire harness. Myself, I'd much rather have a 5th gen vette rather than a LT1 4th gen. Or any 4th gen vette.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Newbie here.
I have a 1992 vette with a six speed. Im really tired of messing with the opti and ECM. I want to do something different and was thinking an LS swap but, the adapter to the six speed dont exactly make it a bolt on swap. Anyways, so I was thinking about doing an HEI intake with a Holley Sniper but want all my stock gauges to work, I would have to buy a new stock ECM since I dont have one anymore. Ive seen a guy on youtube that drilled a hole for an HEI distributor and used a 411 ECM but kinda confused on it and not even sure if I go that route. Trying to keep the cost below $2000 if at all possible. The car has been sitting for two years and tired of my 98 and always preferred the 92 anyways.
Keep the LT1 and go with TorqHead 24x system. Cost under $1,700.00.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts