LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 77 Impala coupe the other month, Guy was ready to take it to the junkyard to buy parts for a frigging honda Needs some love though...

Anyone got a line on some parts let me know. Really need the taillight panel...they jacked this one up.

Went to Maryland and picked her up ..Now She is safe in that garage.

305 2 BRL

Started checking out how bad the ass end is screwed up, Looks like its salvageable.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got to work removing the 400lbs of bondo and the tacked in tail light panels and the gay ass roll pan.

They busted the corner sidemarker piece on the drivers side..

But the tail light mounted area is all there and in good shape.

Pressure washed the engine compartment to get the old engine ready to come out and removed the tint from the rear and side windows, I got lucky and it all peeled off pretty easy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Still might check it out though. Maybe make something work, Frigging people want a damn mint for tail light assys. for these cars.

More progress.floor pans are perfect.

Cleaned up the 305 a bit so its not so nasty pulling it out.
Well I finally found both tail lights and I picked up the frame and drivetrain donor today for 700 bucks..lol

Had to test it...

Yep Plenty of power.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well gutted the 94 got the frame from under the it and reinstalled the 77 frame under the 94 body , LOL now its a 94 with a 2 brl 305..lol pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
895 Posts
What happened to pics?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like they are all there to me, I haven't updated it in a while, I'll get to it this week

·
Registered
895 Posts
I meant the new ones. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
i love the commentary on the videos. I think there was enough explanation as to the kinf of person who previously owned the car when it was said he was going to trade it for parts for a honduh. I think I would rather see a set of trailer lights bolted to the car than that monstrosity of bondo in the back. looks like a fun project tho,

also, whaddya doin with the body from the 94? could use a few misc parts =D

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm sure that thing is LONG gone. If you need some 94 Parts, I have a few Caprice parts cars.

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK I'm on some T3 with codeine so I'm felling good enough to type..
Well now that I'm feeling better, I have been getting a little work done on the impala, Went out and bought a D/A from harbor freight ,My electric Milwaukee just wasn't cutting it.

Got some problems with some fisheyes in the sealer, and the gun was sputtering, figured it was the cup for the gun, So I tossed it and installed the metal one from my old Mac tools econoline gun I can't seem to find parts for, So tomorrow I'll prolly sand it down again and try some more.

The next day I went and resanded the rear quarter and reprimed it.

Sprayed it this time with my cheapo harbor freight siphon gun. Worked much better than the gravity feed HVLP.

Well got the frame back out from under the body and got it just about completely stripped down ready to blast it and spray a coat of sealer and then a nice coat of gloss black.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took my 6 inch grinder and knocked the majority of the rust and prior paint off, This was some stuff I sprayed on to begin with called rust cap ,Its a little cheaper than POR 15, its pretty tough, this was after hitting it with the wire wheel on the grinder..

Stuck pretty good blasted it yesterday with my 2600 PSI pressure washer with a 0 degree tip..

even where some had been softened by brake fluid it still didn't peel off or lift on the edge..

Ahhh clean steel

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got the whole frame blasted...Next time I'll just pay to have it done..lol sprayed the full thing with Valspar epoxy primer reduced to a sealer.

stripped the rear end and sealed it.

and splashed some black Poly on it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well done with all the painting on the frame, flushed out the brake lines and fuel lines and painted em up and started remounting em...

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is great, I've got my eye on one of these. I hope to look at it this car soon. I'll be watching your work. I plan to put some LS power in mine. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks,
Wil.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts