LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recentlypurchased an unfinished 1939 Plymouth Business coupe project race car. The Car came to me with a very Built (383cid)LT1 and 4L80E Transmission. I need helppicking a PCM build profile for this engine/tranny/car combo and then a goodTune. The block has no crank sensor (92-94 vintage)intake is complete minus sensors; the distributer is a vented Opti-spark (96-97vintage). The car does not have a single wire in it,nor does it have a PCM of any kind. I am starting from scratch as far as a PCM isconcerned.

My firststep is to purchase and install all of the sensors, wires and PCM. I'm thinking about mimicking a (96-97) LT1Camaro, or should I get rid of the Opti-Spark and upgrade to all LS components,or skip the crank sensor and go with OBD1. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

·
Global Moderator
12,962 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

For your combo of a lt1 with a 4l80e trans I suggest asking the members of the gearhead efi forum. They are dedicated to pcm tuning & fuel injection.

Our member mysterybird has done the lt1 4l80e swap on his firebird. You might want to PM him and ask for advice.

To help you along with wiring, I suggest downloading the 95, 95 & 96 service manuals at the following link. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

1 - 2 of 2 Posts