LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new here and need some help. I'm in the middle of restoring a 02 camaro z28, and got the motor and trans both overhauled and back in the car. Now it dont want to start. The only thing I find missing is injector pulse. I have spark, Rpm readout on scantool, and 50psi or so to the rail. Also no codes and if you feed it a lil gas it fires right up.

Forgot to mention I bought the car with 123k and a bad knocking motor. It ran when I drove it in the shop and on the lift. I've checked over all my grounds they're all in the proper place.

·
Global Moderator
13,464 Posts
Have you checked the positive injector wires for 12 volts when ignition is turned On. The way the injectors work is they have 12 volts anytime key is in on or start position. It's the PCM that supplies the ground needed for injectors to open.

So first check that injector fuses are good. If yes get your multi meter out set to dc volts and check the positive wire of your injectors for 12 volts with key on.

Download the 2000 service manual at the following link. It shares 99% of info with your 02. It will have full wiring diagrams, and troubleshooting steps for the fuel injection. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have all my positive wires to the injectors. Also I've checked my wires between pcm and injectors, every ground on the car, every ground and power to the pcm, wires between crank and pcm and cam and pcm. I dont believe its gonna be a wiring issue unfortunately.

Has anyone had a ls car that sat for over 7 years start and run fine on the original gas. Pull the motor get it back in and have everything except injector pulse? I have fire, voltage, and ground to every sensor. Thank you btw for that service manual. I couldn't had checked what I have checked without it, but it looks like I'm gonna have to barrow a real scan tool tomorrow to get this figured out. I almost feel like it has a code set in another module or something keeping it from pulsing the injectors. Thanks again for the manual that's awesome piece of info.

·
Global Moderator
13,464 Posts
I suggest you consult the 00 service manual I put in previous post. Check the codes out. Im a lt1 guy but I'm pretty sure GM still was using silent codes that don't light the SES. Most codes do light SES.

Your looking for codes that keep fuel injectors from opening when they set. Or, do you have the SES light on, & have you checked for codes?

Does your security light come on when you turn ign key to on? Then, does it shut off after a few seconds? This is normal security function. If security light doesn't com on at all, or stays on when ign switched on, then you have a security problem.

One of the things that a security problem causes is for fuel injectors not to open.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok apparently if you leave your key on and let the battery drain it will completely loose the crank learn. So I cleared the code p1336 and it would runish, but got injector pulse back atleast. So I did the crank relearn after I let it warm up, and now she purrs again. I'm pretty proud of this motor it's my first Ls. I've built countless LT's, guess I just took for granted it was a Chevy I would've never dreamed itd be something that finicky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot it also had knock codes and a alternator code I'm thinking from when I pulled it in the shop, but I cleared em and they didn't come back of course.

·
Global Moderator
13,464 Posts
Glad to hear you got ir sorted out. Not being a ls1 guy, I'm unaware of many pieces of info pertaining to the ls1 engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts