LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello all, I have just bought a 1997 camaro ss lt4 with 72,000 miles 6speed
it has a lt4 hot cam,and long tube headers it was throwing a 02 sensor code for bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 i did not replace the sensors as i was getting the car tuned the next day and i was thinking maybe the tune would fix the 02 codes, well it did for the trip to work today ( about 25 miles) but on the way home it threw the same codes. i was just wondering if i should replace the sensors now as there most likely the culprits or if you gearheads have a workaround here? and if i need to replace what brand should i get? sorry if i did not state all pertinent info as this is my first post
any help or replys wopuld be very helpful thanks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Try pulling the sensors clean the ends with carburetor cleaned and swap to opposite sides of engine. If similar bad readings or the problem swaps banks replace.

GM o2 sensors or Nippon Denso's seem to work better and induce less exhaust turbulence than the Bosch o2's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply i re-scanned it today and it was only showing bank 1 sensor 1 with the old sensor i then did what you said swaped sides and will see what happens monday if same thing pops up on bank 2 now ill replace with a denso.

i have one other question and this might just be normal but i dont know my car idles at 1000 1100 rpm and it takes what seems to me alot of gas about 2400 rpm's to get off the line in just normal traffic is there something i should look at with it having that hot cam or should i have the idle raised via tune or is the extra rpm's needed to get going in first normal with a larger cam than stock?
thanks for the reply just new to the f-body game :LS1LT1flag:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts