Whine Noise that makes me crazy - Page 2 - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry your video was removed so I wasn't able to listen to the noise. I would look into the intake tract for any air seeping in at loose clamps or connections. Try removing the air filter and take it for a ride and see if the noise becomes lower in volume. Do you still have the original air intake on the car?
Yes, I still have the original Air Intake on the car, was gettin me a new one anyway...guess it is time then ??

Quote:
If it is a vacuum leak, spray small sections of the rubber tubing with a silicone spray (tire shine seems to work well) and listen for the noise to change, After each section wipe them down with a cloth and move on to a new section, I have found this to be the easiest way to locate both leaking and dry rotting hoses.
Will do that during the next days, thanks for that one Will try this out

Just love it here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 07:57 AM

+1 for Transamman reply. It also sounds like a vacuum problem to me. A couple other options to try (aside from the tire shine Transamman mentioned) would be a hand held propane torch, same deal with the rubber tubing to get it into the nooks and crannies, or carb cleaner. *NOTE personally I would use propane it's a more stable gas than the stuff in carb cleaner. If you use carb cleaner MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER, it's very flammable and some guys have lost cars over it. All you're looking for is a change in engine RPM and bam that's your leak. Here's a link to a good youtube video explaining how to find vacuum leaks
(it's in english but I hope it helps)

1999 Pontiac Trans AM. 6-speed. Performance: FAST 102 IM, NW TB, Hooker Super Comp LT's, Comp CAMS Top End, Improved Racing Pan Baffle, Full UMI suspension, Borla Cat-back. Cosmetics: Hurst Short Shift, Z-06 style wheels, with 1" spacers on the rears, Firebird emblem (painted).
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I check that out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

So it looks like the system what get's air into the egine is all stuffed up...I will clean it out first and see what comes arround after that.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Awsome, found it !!

We finaly found the problem. I try it with my broken english to explain. The passage way in the PCV Valve System was complete clogged. Lots of dryed nasty dirt in there. No wonder the car can't breath. Time to clean that shit out, did one round already, this is nasty. Airfilter looks good, not to bad. Get me a new one soon as well. Will make some pics Wednesday. I am back on the road till Saturday. How in the world does stuff like this happen, I do not understand, that is about crazy

Last edited by LarsG; 03-03-2014 at 02:52 PM.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Hey Guys

So here is the strange end to this story. In the last week I cleand the carburator out, after that, all was very smooth I let it run for 1 hour without the oilcap, purrs like a kitten. I was like "Okay done" and put the oilcap on the car. The Noise was back. "What the heck," my buddy and I looked at each other and he was like "Lets try something, looks like that is just an air problem." So he drilled 6 tiny little holes in the oilcap and guess what, problem solved....this is the strangest thing ever....creepy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement