Scan9495-V6 OBD1 utility for 3.4L F-cars - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Scan9495-V6 OBD1 utility for 3.4L F-cars

I have just released a Free PC scan utility for the 94 and 95 F-car 3.4L V6. This is for diagnostic use only; no tuning or programming of any kind is supported. There is a screen full of parameters for the engine, another one for the transmission, and one each for the ABS and SIR modules including lists and resets for DTC's. Also included is an actuators window with support for engine and transmission, and a few for the ABS. At present there is no datalogging capability, but that will be coming soon. This runs on an ordinary PC using Win XP or newer and an OBD1 cable just like the ones for the other familiar scan utilities. The PC will require the Microsoft .Net Framework version 4, which is free to download and use. The installation is simple, download the zip file, unzip the same file, place the 3 extracted files into a folder anywhere, and run the Scan9494-V6.exe file within the folder. This is a V6 version of another one called Scan9495 that is only for the LT1 engine F-cars of 94 and 95. See this link for more discussions: http://www.firebirdnation.com/forums...1-scanner-app/

Download location for both types: http://www.mediafire.com/?0elo4c935uc5s

Feel free to let me know about any issues with this app, since it is still in beta. BTW, both of these apps will always be free of charge with no strings attached.
[email protected]

GaryDoug

Edit later: The download link was wrong and has been corrected.

98 Trans Am, LS1/A4, all stock, original owner

Last edited by GaryDoug; 07-30-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Global Moderator

Do 94 & 95 pcm use a chip or are they flash programmable, even though your new app is only for scan.

Asking because I would like to be able to use a scan program on my 90 camaro 3.1 v-6, which is the same engine family as the 3.4
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

There are no replaceable chips in the 94/95 V6, so it is flash programmable.
According to the data definition sets I have, the 1990 3.1L F-car PCM uses a different data format from the 94/95 3.1L, so this app does not really support that one. Still, it is the newer 8192 baud bi-direction system. So, theoretically you could use the custom/manual scan feature and be able to get the raw data and manually interpret it. In the custom scan feature, you specify the data request strings to transmit, the app sends them and displays what comes back from the PCM. Lot of work, but possible.
Can you give me the engine VIN letter/number or better yet the engine type (LH0 perhaps?) so I can be sure I am looking at the right definitions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Global Moderator

Yes LHO is engine type. Vin letter T.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Ok, that PCM is described in definition file A148.DS in the set of documents you can find in the Scan9495/ALDL Definitions/ALDLstuff.zip file on the download site for this app. It is possible to use the information in that file and retrieve any available piece of information using the Custom Scan feature in my app. The feature does help a little bit by presenting the data with each byte numbered, making it a little easier to look up in the A148.DS file. You would have to be able to convert the bytes to decimal; Windows calculator can do that. Tedious work for sure.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 06:52 PM

The 90 3.1 V6 Camaro uses the 1227730 ECM. It will be running the $6D mask. The ECM can be scanned using TunerPro RT. TunerPro RT can be downloaded for free and runs 100% after a 10 second 'nag' screen. If you wish to you can avoid the nag screen by purchasing a TunerPro RT license however you are never required to.

----

To Scan

To scan the 90 Camaro you need you also need an ALDL cable to connect your computer. I happen to sell an ALDL to USB cable on ALDL USB Cable
The 90 Camaro / 1227730 uses the 8192 Baud rate and has it's bidirectional data on pin M. It also does not need the 10K ohm resistor that is required to scan some other ECMs.

----
To Program

The 7730 ECM uses a programmable chip. TunerPro RT is a multi-function program and ALSO can be used to modify the data that needs to be programmed on the chip. To program the chip you will need the programmable chip (27SF256), a chip programmer, and a chip piggyback board so plug the chip into your ECM.

Hit me up off at my email if you have more questions on scanning/programming your ECM. [email protected]

----
Back to the original topic

By the way the cable I referenced above at ALDL USB Cable works with the Scan9495 scanning program.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Global Moderator

I have both 16 pin for my 95 and 12 pin obd1 cables. I will install my copy of tunerpro RT and give her a try.

If you sell obd1 cables, you should post in the parts for sale section. I'm sure members would rather buy from one of their own, than a stranger out there.

I'll make sure it gets shuffled back to the top every few weeks, so members can find it easily.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

I believe the 1990 3.1L F-car uses the $88 mask not the $6D, if the Tunerpro web site is to be trusted.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 11:15 PM

You are right. Thanks for correcting me. I should know better since I am running $88 in the 7730 I put in my 85 Fiero 2.8.

AUJX 90 F Body 3.1MPFI
AYCF 90 F Body 3.1MPFI
AZTY 90 F Body 3.1MPFI
BAWX 90 F Body 3.1MPFI

Last edited by phonedawgz; 07-28-2013 at 11:29 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Global Moderator

Thanks for the info, I downloaded the AZTY BIn, and $88 XDF and ADS files.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 10:29 PM

Only the .ADX file is needed to scan. The .ADS file on the TunerPro site is a V4 file. It should be able to be automatically updated by importing the .ADS file and then TunerPro is supposed to automatically save the .ADX version of it however it won't work right for the $88.ads file. It messes up the data stream body size during the import.

Rather than go over how to fix the .ADX file the easiest thing is to download my install disk and grab the $88 .ADX file from there. It is in the "TunerPro RT ADX Definitions" and the name is "1990 - 92 3.1 ( LH0) - Camaro, Cavalier, Sunbird- $88 - 1227727-V3.1.adx"

The .zip file for my install disk is at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2242747/Red...20USB-ALDL.zip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement