Aftermarket air intake - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Aftermarket air intake

Hi everyone. I bought a 2000 firebird v-6 with 3800 seriess II. Previous owner swapped out the front end ( I heard it had a ws6 ram air hood)with a 97 trans am or formula front end(not ram air hood) . I thought I could put the stock air filter set-up but after buying it at a junkyard and installing I found out the hood won't close. I was thinking I could go with the 97 stock air intake set up but I see the fuse boxes are in the way. Other than switching the front end back to a 2000 , anyone know of a air intake kit or set-up that will work. Or what would I need to do to set up a air intake kit. Right now all it has is a 3" or 4" cone filter attached right at the throttle body with no tube or anything. It sits right in front of the radiator and looks pretty silly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Alright I installed a custom air intake kit from spectre using a 90 degree elbow at the throttle body , a 4inch straight and 6 inch straight tube going towards the driver side where the fuse box compartment is ending with a 60 degree elbow with the air filter positioned right in back of the headlight. I had to remove the fuse box tray so it could fit. Man didn't realize how much space that thing takes up. Anyways now to attach a bracket on one of the fuse boxes and anchor it so it positioned straight .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement