3.8L - Page 4 - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 11:49 PM

cool, i just figured itd feel slower, just seeing how it was boosted, and now its na with lower comp. i agree tho, gearing probably does make a big difference.

94 formy a4, solomons tune for stuff ive done ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2auIR-B0tvY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughges View Post
2+2 does not= chair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 06:13 PM

Here is a good site to check out about V6 performance..

www.firebirdv6.com

I built up my old 98 firebird with a forged 3.8 bored .030 over, with forged internal, pp heads and intakes, and a big ( well back in 2002 it was) Nitrous cam and had a 125 shot on it.. On motor tuned with a Maf Translater plus it put down 230rwhp and 230rwtq.. Stock with bolt ons it made 185rwhp and 210rwtq..

On the spray with the stock tune it made 370rwhp and 433rwtq with a 10.0:1 A/F mixture.. I never had a good pass with the car at the track due to my young age I didnt realize you had to build up the stock Rear and T5.. I broke 4 rears and 2 trannies.. I finally got sick of not being able to drive the car that I sold it and found my 02 WS6 for 15,000 back in 2005.. I put headers, full exhaust, lid, massair, and a Ported TB and bought an extended warrenty for it..

It is easy for the 3.8's to make over 300rwhp.. If I had to do it over again I would have done a turbo.. The stock internals are beefy and the motor is a great motor to mod.. Just a tip.. U can get some L32 stock Forged rods from a 3.8 seris 3 motor for under 200.00 a set.. I used Manley H-Beams that ran about 600.00!!

Jeff
2002 WS6 T/A with bolt ons
1995 Firehawk #599
Sponsored Links
Advertisement