LS1LT1 Forum banner

new tunerpro XDF for LT1

14K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Nick Humphries 
#1 ·
for anyone tuning their lt1 with tunerpro,

i'm going to clean up, comment, categorize, and add some necessary stuff to the XDF for EE.

since half the damn bin is transmission parameters, putting them all into their own category makes browsing around the xdf much easier. i also seperated all the error code switches.

i've also added (obviously should be considered beta):

- blm locker as a patch (no more seperate exe)
- block learn mode and crankcase purge enable coolant temperature
- cl mode vs maf afgs, and O2 rich/lean threshold vs. cl mode. yes, you can now tune closed loop part throttle AFR with tunerpro, like tunercat guys have been doing for years

i hope someone finds it useful. i'll be adding more soon

http://resfilter.net/files/carstuff/EEX/EEX_1a.zip

#2 ·
i'll be adding more options as i find them:

resfilter.net - /carstuff/EEX

this thing is going to have some really unique tuning options when i'm done with it, might be a nice toy to have

it can be used alongside tunercat too, they use the same file format..

#4 ·
not quite

bin files are the actual program (and sets of variables) that you upload/download from the ECM.

the drop down ECM menu in tunercat selects what you'd call a 'definition' file. that tells tunercat or tunerpro what parameters are in the bin, where they are located, how to convert all the math, how they're organized, etc.

tunercat uses a .tdf file for their definitions. tunerpro uses an .adx. they're completely different. the .adx that tunerpro uses is actually quite a bit more detailed.

with a good .adx in tunerpro, tuning is just as painless as with tunercat or lt1edit, in fact i've been able to organize things much more nicely than tunercat, which kind of just throws it all into a menu.

but you can take a bin you work with in tunercat, edit it more in tunerpro if you like, and then bring it back to tunercat no problem, as the bin file itself, and the data in it (which is the actual program that your car runs on) is the same. in fact so is lt1edit's .LT1 format, but there's a technical reason why they wont work directly.

#5 ·
just grab tunerpro (the non-RT version), it's free.. install my ADX file, select it, and play with your tune.. get a feel for it. it's a good program

.. with the latest version, of course... http://resfilter.net/files/carstuff/EEX/EEX_1c.zip

i make updates every few days

#6 ·
That's what I did last year when i was tuning my cam swap before I killed it.
TunerPro was easier to edit the files with.

Just need to finish my rebuild before I forget everything i learnt last year.
Thanks Steveo for the updates.

Mitch

#8 ·
#9 ·
why wouldn't you want the RT version? the 10 second "lag" screen isn't a big deal since you have to wait a few seconds for the car's obd1 port initialize anyway. i like the fact i can have real time datalogging in RT (which i don't think the regular Tunerpro offers?)

#10 ·
tunerpro and tunerpro RT are the exact same program, except RT has datalogging and emulating (the emulating is a chip thing, LT1s dont use it)

to be clear this adx file works equally well in tunerpro and tunerpro RT

#11 · (Edited)
oh ok cool. i thought the realtime datalogging was the main difference between Tunerpro and RT but i wasn't sure. I'm new to this whole tuning thing as i've only had the cable and software for a few weeks and other than changing my speedometer calibration, i haven't really done anything other than a few datalogs. I'll have to try out the new file the next time i decide to bring the laptop back out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.