HPTuners programming for dummies - Page 2 - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 02:37 PM

looks like HPTuners is the software I should get...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:52 PM

Going to try and tune the PCM myself for the first time and saw this Thread :"HP tuner for dummies, saw the dummie first and said this is gotta be for me! I read the other articles as well but stopped because my eyes were getting glazed over. So about 13 yrs ago i had the LT1(94 caprice,donor car) transplanted into the el camino.I had the PCM flashed on the LT1 to remove the VATS, smog, 02's, EGR and i think some others(kinda forgot what else), just to get the new transplant running(never had the elky on the road),then the elky sat in the garage until 2017. Now, ready for the final touches before putting plates back on to drive it (complete off frame resto done from front to rear), i wanted the PCM to be tuned to the best it can. i do have the LT1 OBD1 hooked up to the CEL, it does work and it does stay lit. Not sure what the code is because i dont have an OBD1 scanner and it seems the "scanner" is built into the software in the HP tuner. For the latest and greatest info i hit youtube, here on LS1/LT1.com and a few others and saw JJ's old post "Free PC scan utility for the 94 and 95 LT1"(on el caminocentral). i also found these (below) for reference. i would like to try and do this myself. Theres a lot of info and i'm trying to condense it down to where i can understand where i need to start.what is everyone recomendations? Thanks in advance for all the help. I'm also going to post below not sure if it will be seen here, due to the last posting back in 2013, so aplogies for double posting.

(1984 el camino, i usually hang out over on elcaminocentral.com)The LT1 improvements are 30 over pistons,long tube headers,new boshe injectors,mild/street competions cam and yes, new(refurbished) AC/Delco Optispark. I have had it up and down the street a few times but not over 20 mph, it seems to run fine and i think i have noticed it does run lean( while idleing in the garage) .

http://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl....html?cPath=64
Software links:
http://www.tunercat.com/winflash_desc...
TunerPro and TunerPro RT - Professional Automobile Tuning Software
Sponsored Links
Advertisement