questions about lt1 tuning - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

questions about lt1 tuning

I know the age old discussion of which is better has raged since their conception, that is not what this thread is about. My question pertains to their abilities. Will either of them allow me to delete things from my ecm? For example will the programs allow me to just delete my rear o2 sensors rather than have to worry about sims? I understand that the programs let you change different aspects of your car such as shift points and governers, but how far do the go in costomization of the ecm? Anyone that has experience with these programmers chime in and let me know what you think and what they can do. Thanks alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Founder

Which two are you talking about? I'm assuming TUnercat vs. LT1 edit?

If so, then yes, both will allow you to delete the rear 02s...or rather just turn off the codes for missing rear 02s....not actual "deletion".

Both programs access the exact same stuff in the PCM...the differences are really in user-friendliness.

- 2007 Sunburst Orange HHR LT - Daily Driver :: Tuned by Trifecta
- 1996 Trans Am WS6 -- SOLD 6/07

- TNfbody.com -- Founding Member
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:01 PM

what programers are you talking about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Haha sorry I posted this on another forum with the heading Lt1 edit vs tunercat so i did not include the names in the body. I didnt get the answer i was looking for so i copied and posted it here under another name and forgot to add in the tuner names. Sorry guys yes i am talking about tunercat and lt1 edit. you said the only real difference is user friendlyness, from what i have read tunercat seems to be the more user friendly programmer. What do u think chris?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Founder

I've never used tunercat so I can't comment. Having said that, I've been using Edit for 4 years and I honestly don't think its hard to use at all.

Go with whatever's cheaper IMO.

- 2007 Sunburst Orange HHR LT - Daily Driver :: Tuned by Trifecta
- 1996 Trans Am WS6 -- SOLD 6/07

- TNfbody.com -- Founding Member
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 08:21 PM

TunerCAT is cheaper, and I've only seen it used once, but it seemed much easier. You can download it from thier site to try it out and see if you like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement