Changing Injectors (What to do with PCM) - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Changing Injectors (What to do with PCM)

I have Tuner CATS tuner program which I just got and I am totally new to PCM programing and I am looking for help with the following.
I am going to change my Injectors from 27# to Ford SVO 42#. What do I have to do to correct my PCM for the new Injectors.
Is it as simple as changing the Constant, if thatis so do I just put in 42# or is there some other calculation that has to be used such as fuel pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 11:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to Fastbird
What motor is this for, and why are you jumping all the way to 42's??? Question being, is it warranted??? That's a lot of fuel capability there.

1999 Corvette -- Built motor, APS TT, 761/760 on 14 PSI -- FOR SALE $27,500
1993 Trans Am -- 383, LT1Boost Hot Parts, PT76GTS, FAST XFI, ect.....running and slowly being tuned by me
1999 Celica -- Gen II 3S-GTE Swap, 250/260 WHP
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 12:49 AM

http://www.audiohelix.com/file go here for a spreadsheet that will calculate the numbers for you. I haven't used CATS so I don't know how it sets up for different injectors. LT1/LS1 edit uses a constant value, HP tuners makes you use the variables,(more precise and time consuming.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbird
What motor is this for, and why are you jumping all the way to 42's??? Question being, is it warranted??? That's a lot of fuel capability there.
383 LT 550hp, It had 27# injectors and 65psi fuel pressure when I got it and was running way rich with the small injectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement