94 harness and computer transplant - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

94 harness and computer transplant

So im working on installing a 94 t56 harness and pcm into my 93 firebird formula. I know i can re pin the harness to make it work with the body harness but what do i need changed programming wise for the computer to play nice in the car? I dont have the vin from the donor car either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 AM
Global Moderator

Is your car an automatic or manual trans? I ask because 93 uses the non computer controlled 4l60/700r4 trans while 94 uses the computer controlled 4l60e trans.

tachometer operation is different between 93 & 94. I'm sure there's more differences but at 5:45 am, that's all I can think of.

To help you on this job, go to the following link and download the 93 & 94 service manuals. They have all wiring diagrams. And in the driveability & emission section, there are charts with a pin by pin listing of computer functions. My Files

This site will have useful info also. www.shbox.com

Last edited by cocobolo95; 06-07-2018 at 07:52 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

I know hardware wise the injectors, idle air control and coil are diffrent as well as the fuel rails.
Ive got the pinouts as well, only thing i dont have a home for would be tcs.
Just trying to figure out programming wise what i need to do to fix things like vats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 07:59 AM
Global Moderator

Disablling vats only requires removing the check marks in a couple of places in the bin file with your obd1 bin file editor such as Tunerpro RT or Tunercat obd1 tuner program.

While in there you can also uncheck the 50 hertz fuel enable signal. Your 93 used a 30 hertz fuel enable signal. To make starter work you would have to bypass the theft deterrent relay even with tuning out the fuel enable signal and tuning out vats security.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

So i need to change the 50hz signal even though i dont have factory injectors? Guess i probably should have mentioned the only thing left factory on the engine is the sensors and fuel rails lol
I think i saw something in shbox about the bypass so ill get that done.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Global Moderator

As long as your using the factory pcm, you'll have to deal with fuel enable signal & vats security.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement