VE tuning - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2017, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

VE tuning

New to tuning, trying to learn. I'll be swapping a cam into my 94 firebird by the end of this week and am trying to understand tuning the VE tables. I'll also be installing a wideband.

I understand unplugging the MAF or switching to SD mode, but when tuning do I adjust a whole RPM row at a time trying to achieve 14.7 afr or 1.0 lambda? Or is that too small of an increment so I should select more than one row at a time? Any help appreciated!

Last edited by cocobolo95; 10-25-2017 at 06:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2017, 06:04 AM
Global Moderator

Try a PM to steveo. He is very knowledgeable on tuning. Steveo also has an app that helps figure out a tune bin file for lt1 obd 1 cars. Find a post by him, his sig contains links to his apps.

Also the gearhead efi forum is primarily a tuning forum.

And welcome to the forum.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

I have his EEHack program and its great! I'm also using tunerpro and his notes are very helpful. I've been doing as much reading as I can and just found this forum. There doesn't seem to be much about tuning under the LT1 side of ls1tech. I'll be sure to check out the gearhead efi forum. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
when tuning do I adjust a whole RPM row at a time trying to achieve 14.7 afr or 1.0 lambda?
you have to do a bunch of datalogging, filter out data that is in power enrichment, open loop, cold engine, decel, stuff like that... then average your fueling error (whether it be wideband or narrowband trims) into a region of your ve table based on the current map and rpm.

you generally don't want to tune a whole RPM row

eehack automates this procedure in its analyzer, giving you a rough idea of what changes need to be made, then you make the changes manually by percentage.. look at the 'cruising afr' tab. if you need 5% more fuel, then select cells in that region and *1.05

this is a bit painstaking, though, and the analysis isn't very smart about dealing with data in surrounding cells, so i wrote trimalyzer

dump the logs from tunerpro or eehack as CSV and load them into trimalyzer tool and it'll automate the whole thing (kinda)

it filters your data (to discard events outside closed loop, in PE, when the engine is coled, etc) and then analyzes the fueling errors, making educated guesses where data is weak, etc, plots them in a ve correction table, you can even copy the table(s) from tunerpro or tunercat, click a button in trimalyzer, and it'll make the changes for you, you can just paste them back in.

Trimalyzer How-To ? fbodytech
Old 10-25-2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Sounds like I would only be worrying about the areas of the table that the engine actually sees. Seems easier to utilize the program you've already written. Thanks Steveo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement