1994 trouble code reading problem - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

1994 trouble code reading problem

I'm trying to read the trouble codes using a jumper in A and B in the 12 pin. When I turn the key to ignition the fans start and the service engine light does not flash.

Seems like maybe this method might not work with some 94s?

http://www.troublecodes.net/GM/

Thanks.

Jesse Lackman
www.revsearch.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 PM

Correct, on the 94-95 LT1 you need to have an OBD1 code scanner.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

I drove it a few miles a couple days ago and the check engine light went off. Weird. It was still missing under load, I'm suspecting it to be spark related.

Jesse Lackman
www.revsearch.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 02:55 PM

hello, on a 1995 chevy Impala I too have a similar problem. The local O'Reily's scan tool will not link to the car. At the same time I also noticed that the installed Scanmaaster doesn't stay on where should I start
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 07:46 AM
Global Moderator

You should start with the fact that your 95, even though it has a 16 pin obd 2 connector, it is a obd 1 computer system.

To read your computer you will need an obd 1 scanner. The auto parts stores only read obd 2, which is 96 & newer.

You moght also want to start your own thread with your future problems. You've resurrected a 11 year old thread here.

The best obd 1 scanner I know of is the free pc based scan program called "scan9495". It was written primarily for 93-95 f-bodies but will work on your b-body also. It scans for regular codes, ABS, & SIR codes. It does running sensor scans & logs data to file for later playback. It also tests engine & auto trans actuators. Get it at
My Files

You will also need Microsoft dot net framework. It is available at same site as scan9495. It's in it's own folder. Also get newest version of scan9495 in the lt1-v8 folder,

You will need to buy a obd 1 cable to connect cat's aldl to usb port of pc computer. Get at OBD Diagnostics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement