|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|05-24-2019 07:10 AM|
Egr srecycles un burnt hydrocarbons from exhaust back to combustion chamber. This lowers the temp of the combustion process. Thus reducing the formation of NOx.
The air system injects air into the cat. This extra O2 helps to more completely burn the hydrocarbons still in exhaust stream.
|05-23-2019 09:08 AM|
|Famous||The reason everyone wants to tune the Air and egr out is pretty much for emissions or inspection for codes. Also removing the egr completely anyways allows for just cold air to flow through instead of recycling hot air? At least that's what I've read.|
|06-04-2017 11:02 PM|
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
|10-02-2015 06:16 AM|
|mdw95TA||Thanks for the good info Steveo, I am going to keep reading for now. It will probably a couple weeks before that cable shows up. Think I can handle the basics. If I run into any problem I will let you guys no.|
|10-01-2015 10:15 PM|
don't use my robot tuner, just learn yourself. it's easy.
1. buy winflash, or install the 30 day trial and just get your work done before the trial expires.
2. read your bin with winflash, or download the correct stock bin from my site (fbodytech.com), but reading the original confirms that winflash and your serial cable work, so do that.
3. get tunerpro RT. download and load my EEX XDF definition. (it's on my site).. set tunerpro to 'category' view. read around at the available parameters, but do not change anything. also read LT1 PCM Tuning - Tips & Tricks for DIY Tuning! (basics) and fbodytech.com - LT1 Tuning Technical Info (advanced)
4. tune your bin. if you can't figure out basic tuning like changing fan temperatures or disabling an error code using my very well commented xdf on your own, you are doomed, hire a professional.
to disable EGR, set minimum rpm to the top, and maximum rpm to the bottom, and disable any EGR error codes.
to disable a/c just disable the error codes.
to disable the air pump, disable the error codes and the "air pump enable" flag.
don't touch anything you're unsure of.
4. flash bin with winflash, and test. use scan9495 or something to check for codes to make sure you did it right.
don't worry about keeping your original bin file, EVERY virgin bin you'll ever need is on my site if you screw up.
|10-01-2015 08:30 PM|
|mdw95TA||Got ya, that make sense, I think I read some where that I can copy the stock bin from my pcm with tunerpro, save it unmodified just in case I mess something up? I been going through tutorials on youtube, but can't find one that really goes in depth. Think the best one I found was on Ltxtech.|
|10-01-2015 07:26 PM|
With tuner pro you make changes to the bin file, then use winflash to upload the bin to your pcm. If you get a bin file from a tuner, you can use winflash to upload it without using tuner pro.
Of course I would compare stock bin to tuned bin. It helps to understand the tuning process.
|10-01-2015 04:21 PM|
egr delete, a/c delete, air pump delete
Well I ordered aldl cable today from red devil river, downloaded tunerpro rt, think i got it all set up, dash and all, I have been reading and reading about tuning for a couple months now, so much so I got myself confused. My question is, once I get connected to my pcm can I make live changes to my stock bin, like egr, a/c and air pump delete, or do I have to make changes to a stock bin then download winflash from tunercat, and reflash my pcm? I like to get rid of the check engine light because my fans are stuck on. Dataloging will be my first step, I understand that tunerpro is good for that, but without winflash I can't do much more? If someone could simplify some of this for me would be great. Think Steveo's robotic tune might be work for me. If i get comfortable with this I will get a emailed tune. Thanks for your time.