AVOID ManTrans In Florida - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

AVOID ManTrans In Florida

Good Day All:

As is often quoted, “Enter at your own risk”. Do NOT send your transmission to ManTrans (www.ManTrans.net or www.ManTrans.com) in Tallahassee, Florida.

After speaking with Cindy Allen of ManTrans, I sent them a 65K mile ZF 5-speed transmission for a rebuild just to make sure it was new before installing. My American Express card was billed immediately. The transmission was delivered to their facility May 28, 2019 for what was supposed to be a 2-3 week rebuild. As you can guess, it’s now mid-October 2019 and no transmission.

The ongoing saga:
· We need one bearing to finish the rebuild (July 2, 2019)
· The transmission is completed and needs to be run on the dyno (August 8, 2019)
· I’m not sure what’s going on with it. I’ll call you back (July – October 2019)
· Transmission is finished and ready to go on the dyno today (September 9, 2019)
· Owner Darrell Moore ([email protected]) tells me they need a bearing and a synchro (September 23, 2019)
· Owner hung up on me after I asked them to ship the transmission back to me. Long, excuse filled e-mail from owner in response to my e-mail. Taking synchro from core they have in house (September 26, 2019)
· October 1, 2019 e-mail inquiry to the owner with response: “Builder out today, I’m getting with him now to confirm”. Of course, no response three days later.
· October 7, 2019 owner says transmission shipping 10/8 or 10/9/19 after dyno run. They will send me the video of the dyno.
· October 9, 2019 “Builder out with death in family. If it doesn’t ship today. I guarantee it will tomorrow”
· October 15, 2019 phoned and left a message as well as e-mail. No bill of lading so obviously transmission isn’t done and hasn’t shipped.

I’ve contacted American Express to dispute the charge, but since it’s past 60 days, they’ve no guarantee. I’m writing off the ZF transmission costs as part of my ongoing adult education.

Call this my mistake for at least not checking the Better Business Bureau. I don’t usually put much stock in the BBB, but I’ve never seen a “F” rating.

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/tallahasse...0403-160444139

Many of us have had similar issues with other vendors. This is my experience with ManTrans. You may want to avoid them.

God knows in what condition the ZF will be returned, if it comes back at all.

Feff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:21 AM
Global Moderator

Sorry to hear about your problems with the trans rebuilder. In today's fast paced world, which is full of con artists trying to steal your hard earned $$$, we must all protect our selves by doing a google search of reviews of any vender we plan on using.

As an example, I was looking at a guitar being sold by Music 1 2 3. I googled for reviews of the company. I've never seen so many bad reviews on a company before. Had I sent them $$$ for the guitar, sure I'd be in the same boat as you are.

Now on a better note. If you get trans back, contact our member "dynamic396" Jon owns a trans shop in Washington state. I can confirm from my dealings with him, and that of other forum members, that he is honest, and does top notch work.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 07:21 PM

I CONTACTED HIM ... HOPE HE RIGHTS it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 08:52 PM

ZF Trans that takes a jig to build is complete, and we are sending a complementary parts ,we are sending him-a spare complimentary low mileage “ cutout” that he is “ welcomed” to “play”with, for future parts for MR Pfeiffer's inconvenience.
Guys, not everyone is con artists or scammers, some of us just have naive sales people that shouldn't take in trannies that takes special jigs,,it was proposed to us as a “Getrag”,most ZF’s are do able,the 5 speeds,of you google them ,you’ll see the problems,
Wish this was an LS or LT, we wouldn’t be having this conversation ,as we have a Magnum built.
We wish you the best Mark, i understand your frustrations, when you get then you will see we were straight up.
I just wish our builder would have let me know it was that type before it rocked along too, as i was duplicating infrastructure for our new office.
Thanks to the guys on here for letting me know,it’s off subject, but we do do right by our folks,,sorry again Mark.
D.Moore
ManTrans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement