LS1LT1 Forum banner

LT1 compression ratio...

15K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  03slowZ06 
#1 · (Edited)
is the 10.4:1 a boost friendly compression ratio? i plan to run around 400RWHP for now and 600RWHP after building the block and getting a 12 bolt. i was wondering if head porting is needed?

#2 ·
Naturally aspriated, maybe, but 600hp will create other problems too. Stock compression is 10.4:1.

If you were talking about a blower or nitrous car, I'd say you are nuts. But naturally aspirated, its not the compression ratio that you need to worry about. Its the 600hp on the stock bottom end and pistons.

You need to plan a full bottom end upgrade to safely run 600hp.

#6 ·
The stock CR sucks for boost not to mention the cast pistons, they won't take much abuse before they try to burn up. I'm gonna find out how good they are in a couple weeks. :D

#7 ·
boost on the stock bottom end is hit or miss with lt1's. only you can determine if your motor is in shape for it. i cant not stress enough that you can not go over 6 lbs and have your motor last long. as far as porting to get 400 ponies you wount really need to port the heads, nut to get your max gains it is recomended.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.