LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

-   LT1 | LT4 | L99 Engine Tech (https://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/lt1-%7C-lt4-%7C-l99-engine-tech-10/)
-   -   best fit LT headers? (https://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/lt1-%7C-lt4-%7C-l99-engine-tech/6598-best-fit-lt-headers.html)

Kastraelie 12-01-2006 03:46 AM

best fit LT headers?

Any LT recommendations for an "easy" fit in a 93 z28?. Yeah I know its not going to be cake but maybe there is some solution that goes in nicer than others.

Also, anyone know off the top of their heads if there is a mid-tube header designed for the single exhaust 93? If there isn't I will probably go straight pipe with the LTs, but I would kinda like to keep my Magnaflow exhaust.

Thanks

Firebirdjones 12-01-2006 06:00 AM

I am pretty sure you can keep any cat back exhaust system on the car with long tube headers, I am told there are a few y-pipes out there offered for the long tubes that bring the headers back to a single 3 inch outlet so cat back systems can be used. I believe ORY is one manufacture of these y-pipes.
As far as headers go I have been contemplating the same thing, and after being here a while and asking similar questions, more often than not the same name keeps popping up,,,,,Pacesetter long tubes,,,,they seem to be the favorite for most people here. Whether it's because the price is cheap compared to others or the fit it good I cannot say, I will leave that to others on here that actually use them, but if there is a better fitting header out there it would make sense to me to spend the extra money for it. I think the biggest issue for me is,,,,are the plugs any easier to get to?
Do a search on Pacesetters and ORY y-pipes, although I suck at the search thingy,,,it may bring back some answers for you that your looking for. Larry.

CustomSSI 12-01-2006 06:27 AM

The pacesetters are really good fit.. and good price.. However any LT header isn't gonig to just really "slide" in... Kooks are some of hte better fitting ones we've had.. If you want price on any of them give us a shout and we'll get you hooked up :-D

Enthusiast 12-01-2006 09:17 AM

Firebirdjones from your post It seems your a little confused on something but it could be just the way I read it. ORY is a manufacturer its a type of Y Pipe, With no cats. O-Off R-ROad Y-Ypipe. Most companies that sell headers also have an ORY for their headers.

burnzilla 12-02-2006 01:35 AM

Access to a lift will cut your time in half.
Im a part time car dealer with access to my old mans shop, and I have saved thousands of dollars and time with that lift.