Aftermarket dual-fans... PCM control? - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Aftermarket dual-fans... PCM control?

I am installing dual aftermarket fans and a shroud from Derale to keep the wagon cool with the AC on. If I upgrade the wiring harness via Gerry's harnesses, can I keep PCM control of the fans or will I have to go aftermarket?

1995 LT1 Wagon. ERE 383
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:42 PM

As long as you are using the PCM to control the relays, that should be fine. There should not be any problem if they are typical 12v automotive relays (like the stock ones). All the big work is on the load side of the relay.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 05:47 PM

Garage
Don't know about your replacement wiring harness from Gerry's. The one I just got from Psi only has a single fan control lead, which will control one fan relay. But I'm currently in the process of going through the old wiring harness vs the replacement - pin by pin - to see what has been removed. If the replacement removed a feature I want to keep, I'll pull the pin out of the old plug and insert it into the new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement