Fuel system - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Fuel system

I have a 1999 firebird I have swapped an LM7 into. It was the 3.8 v6 prior. I have the ls1 intake on it, I have both the ls1 fuel rails and the truck fuel rails. I know the ls1 is a returnless system and I have the catch can filter piece for that as well, would it be easier to just put the truck rails on it, especially if I plan on boosting in the future. And if I do put the truck rails on it with will it work with the existing fuel system without modification. I do believe I will need to drop a Kensmo fuel pump in the tank as well, what is your opinion and am I missing anything that will need to be done to get the fuel system working. Currently I have the engine mounted and the transmission, which were a bitch to get in and took some fabrication. Now I have to wire it. I also don’t have the ignition coils or fuel injectors yet so any advice there would be appreciated. I was thinking of going with truck injectors and stock coils.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:11 AM
Global Moderator

It will be easier to use af-body ls1 fuel rail than putting in the truck fuel rail. That is if the v6 & ls1 fuel pipes to the engine are the same. The 4th gen parts book shows 2 different assembles for v6 & ls1 equipped cars. If they have the same hookups for the fuel rail attachment, your golden, if not, you could go to the salvage yard and buy a ls1 99-02 fuel line set.

Believe it or not, but changing the fuel lines on a f-body, even wirh engine & trans in place, is not too bad of a choir.

Using the truck fuel line would certainly involve some modification to get it to work. GM loves changing parts just to mess with owners. Plus the truck fuel lines from tank will run differently than f-body fuel lines. So the connection point, as well as fittings used to connect fuel rail to fuel lines from tank, could be very different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement