Question 1994 corvette LT1 engine into 1967 nova - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

1994 corvette LT1 engine into 1967 nova

Hey guys new to the forum.
I bought a LT1 out of an 1994 corvette. Iím putting the engine into my nova and I having trouble finding out what kind of wiring harness I will need. I will have an 700r trans and after market gauges ( Fuel, oil pressure, Temp, speed,rpm) can some help point me in the right direction.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Global Moderator

Best way to buy the lt1 engine is with engine wiring harness and pcm. That way half the battle is over. Even though the 94 used the electronic computer controlled 4L60E trans, converting to the 700r4 would simply mean tuning the 4L60E functions out of the pcm.

You would also need the throttle body and TV cable from a 92 or 93 lt1 engine. This will make swap easier for you. BUT using a 94 4L60E, would make the swap even easier.

Look on craigslist for engine wiring harness & pcm. You can use the 94 z28, formula, or trans am harness & computer also.

And welcome to the forum.

Last edited by cocobolo95; 12-08-2018 at 08:02 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks.
I already bought and rebuild the 700r. My pcm came out of 6 speed manual. Does it make a difference ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 07:25 AM
Global Moderator

Yes, the manual trans pcm programing doesn't have any provision for the lockup function of the torque converter. And I think the 700R4 trans has several switches and sensors that communicate with computer. Different year 700r4 will have different switches & senders.

The newer the 700R4 is, the more data gets sent to the computer. I don't know if these are absolutely necessary or not. Just the torque converter lock up is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement