LS1LT1 Forum banner

New Wheels To Fit A 1997 LT1 Firebird TA

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Nic Vega 
#1 ·
Hello forum,

I found these wheels for sale in the UK & the company says they fit my 1997 LT1 Firebird TA with no issues, but I want a 2nd opinion.
The seller is saying the fitment is the same spec as a BMW 1 Series really, but I am not sure?

They are called CRUIZE 190 BP DEEP DISH STAGGERED BLACK DIAMOND CUT 19" ALLOYS on Ebay UK.
EBay item number:173678534223

The Spec is:
Offset: 35 FRONT 38 REAR
Rim Width: 8.5J Front & 9.5J Rear
Stud Diameter: 5 x 120

I'm planning to fit 255 x 35 or 40 x 19 tires to these wheels.

I need to ask if the Stud Diameter is 5 x 120.65 as it is not too clear?
Is the standard Offset on the TA around ET50 & if so will I need spacers of 15 Front & 12 Rear?

Any help on this will be very good.

Regards

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Here's another tidbit of info that I've just remembered. The larger the positive offset gets- moves wheel towards outside of wheel well.

Smaller positive offset moves the wheels closed to the inner fender well. So I'm guessing you will need wheel spacers. Unless the wheel wells will take the 35 & 38 offset of new wheels without having to move the wheels outward.

Also, the 35 series tires on 19 inch wheels will put you at 26 inch tire & wheel height. This is almost exactly the same height the stand The factory tires have a 25.6 height that is not close enough to not reprogram.

The 40 series will put you at 27 inch height. So pcm reprogram will be needed.

#5 ·
I'll check out the inner fender wall clearance for ET 35/38 too.

Yes, whenever I use a different tire height I always have to reprogram the PCM to suit.

Many thanks old friend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.