Question drum to disc swap - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

drum to disc swap

I will be replacing my 93 3.4l camaros 3.23 rear end with 3.42s off a 95 lt1 firebird. Im taking the entire carrier so I can get the disc brakes off it too. my question is, since im going from drums to discs what will I need to do to get the brakes to work properly? I take it discs require more brake fluid and pressure to operate so will I be needing a new master cylinder? If anyone has done this before or can link me to an article/thread with the information I need I'd appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Global Moderator

Do a google search using 4th gen camaro parts book as your search. You should find several sites that will let you download the parts book.

Use the book to compare the 3.4 with drum rear brakes to the v8 cars with rear disc brakes. There will be illistrations of all the parts of each type of brake system. Along with part numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page