95 trans am formula 6sp boot - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

95 trans am formula 6sp boot

I just bought a 95 formula but the boot and plastic connector are kinda busted up. Where is a good place to get a new boot. I've tried Rock Auto, eBay and Amazon. Where can I find the whole setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:04 AM
Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, 4th gen f-bodies aren't yet a hot collector car. That means companies that make and sell repro parts haven't yet made the parts you need.

Finding a new assembly will take diligent searching of sites like ebay, craigslist, GM parts dealers, etc. If you keep searching several times a week, you might get lucky and find what your looking for in nos or good used condition. But don't expect it to be cheap.

One last place is to use this salvage yard search engine. I'd use the option to search entire country. Also, I don't know if drop down parts list would have the parts listed that you need. Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Finally, here are the part numbers of the GM parts you need. Boot 17997789 Mounting ring 10267518

Last edited by cocobolo95; 05-13-2019 at 08:13 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Ok thanks for your help. I'll just have to keep an eye out. Or maybe I can glue it together a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 04:41 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to Farmer2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBates View Post
I just bought a 95 formula but the boot and plastic connector are kinda busted up. Where is a good place to get a new boot. I've tried Rock Auto, eBay and Amazon. Where can I find the whole setup?

Hi, I make and sell these. Go to my store at this link and find your year and order up. I will be putting the store in vacation mode starting tomorrow, just an FYI.

https://www.ebay.com/str/farmertotools

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement