LS1LT1 Forum banner

1.7 Rockers?

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  CKJ 
#1 ·
Where can I get some?

Also, I know you have to modify the valve covers for them to fit, is there anything else NECESSARY for them to be installed? In 3800s you can just bolt them in and forget about it basically. I assume it's the same way in an LT1?

#2 ·
Valve springs for 1, pushrods fo 2. Were to get them im not sure.

#3 ·
You could try a Google search for the company who sells them or, use the Search feature on the CorvetteForum (Forums.CorvetteForum.com) because I know there was at least one guy who bought a set.

If memory serves, he wasn't happy with them though; can't recall the specifics.

I did a quick search for you and best I found were 1.65s.

Another thought is the aggressive ramps that are on high performance hydraulic roller camshafts. I've read where going with 1.7s on cams with aggressive ramps causes valve float as the RPMs climb. Seems the 1.7s causes the lifters to be unable to follow the cam's lobes.

Hope this helps.

Jake

#4 ·
I think scorpion makes some for the self aligning GM sbc.

Also I think crower makes some,

BUT they only make aluminum rockers, IMO the aluminum rockers wouldnt be good for a daily driver

#5 ·
Just FYI Scott, stock the LT1's are 1.5. 1.6 is the common upgrade ratio. 1.7s are available but hard to find.

Any of our sponsors, such as CSSI, can hook you up with a set of full roller 1.6s. The valve cover mods are minor, and yes you need to upgrade your valvesprings.

#7 ·
He was talking the 1.7's they are a big ratio and would cover a very large path on the valve.

#9 ·
Mt reply was to the fact that 1.6's are aluminum and being daily driven. Compared to 1.7's. Not about it being an upgrade.

#10 ·
I know 1.7s aren't common. I know 1.6s are. The guy who owned the motor I bought had 1.7 rockers and his engine seemed to LOVE it. So I was looking for some.

#12 ·
I read that GM went with RRs on the LT4 because the ball and sled type (used on the LT1) showed ball galling at higher rpms.

Since the LT4 was designed to run 1.6s and to redline at about 500 rpms higher than the LT1, the move was made.

Here's a link that may help: http://www.grandsportregistry.com/lt1vslt4.htm

Jake

#15 ·
yea he is right get some headers first, the stock exhaust is rather restrictive and you wouldnt see as big of gains with more lift, honestly I think RR's should one of the last bolt on mods, I know I did alot of stuff first before I started buying stuff for my RR swap

#17 ·
I just received a response from an EBay seller of 1.6 Scorpion SA roller rockers and he wrote that they will clear the black valve covers - like the ones on my 96 LT1 Vette - but not the magnesium covers.

Jake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.