San Jose - OC - Las Vegas - San Jose - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

San Jose - OC - Las Vegas - San Jose

Hey Guys,

I figured I would throw this out there. Im leaving this afternoon from San Jose to Orange County. Then Saturday morning to Las Vegas. Then Monday morning back to San Jose through highway 58. Ive never done the 58 before so it should be interesting.

If anyone is driving or going to be traveling around those areas, let me know!

1997 Camaro z28, m6, 30th Anniversary, MSD ign, air Intake, dad personally tuned so I am still learning...suspension front and back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 10:22 AM

That's gonna be a nice long drive! I'm sure the old LT can handle it no problem The other day I drove my Z to from Raleigh to Durham that's the farthest i've ever driven it. Sad I know lol. I do wanna eventually take it for a good long drive.

110k, Bright Red, Hard top, Moroso cold air, Trick flow ceramic intake elbow, SLP 3" Y pipe, Random tech high flow cat, Borla adjustable cat back with DHM cutout, MSD 8.5mm plug wires, Summit polished diff cover, March crank pulley, V8 shock tower brace, core shifter/billet hurst, Sway bars, Hotchkis lower control arms, welded subframe connectors, lakewood drive shaft loop, non cracked dash
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

I didn't end up heading to vegas from OC. The drive was amazing in the Z28. 6th gear saves a shitload of gas. I gassed up in Campbell, then on the grapevine. Road 6th gear most the way and honestly sped through the groups of traveling tourists. On my way back was the best part. I passed an LS1 SS with the CME center exhaust and we both waved. I was hoping he would join me in my speed but I ended up grouping with someone else.

Planning another trip but not sure where. I'd really liek to get some people involved though. Caravanning is way better than solo.

1997 Camaro z28, m6, 30th Anniversary, MSD ign, air Intake, dad personally tuned so I am still learning...suspension front and back.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 07:00 AM

Yeah it's always nice to see some fellow F body enthusiasts when your out cruising. And it is amazing how fuel efficient these cars are when in 6th gear. Mine runs around 1,800 rpm when it's at 75 mph in 6th gear.

110k, Bright Red, Hard top, Moroso cold air, Trick flow ceramic intake elbow, SLP 3" Y pipe, Random tech high flow cat, Borla adjustable cat back with DHM cutout, MSD 8.5mm plug wires, Summit polished diff cover, March crank pulley, V8 shock tower brace, core shifter/billet hurst, Sway bars, Hotchkis lower control arms, welded subframe connectors, lakewood drive shaft loop, non cracked dash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement