LS1LT1 Forum banner

Rear end whine

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  A sick ws6 
#1 ·
So i have a moser 9" with 4.10 gears and its pretty new with about 1000 miles on it. I had everything professionally installed. Well its always made a whining noise but it only makes the noise when u give it gas i let off it quits i hit the pedal it whines u can feel it all the way up through the drive train. Is this normral? And today was the first i drove the car in about a month and it seemed louser today. Last i drove the car i took it to the track made a few passes and came home everything was fine get it out today and its louder.

#2 ·
I would say, because you get whine when you hit the gas, you have clearance problem with the gear set up. One of the important adjustments that were done when gears were installed. It's either too loose or too tight.

Adjustment of gear set is checked with marking dye. Dye is placed where gears mesh. Gear set is rotated. Then you check contact pattern and see what's not correct.

The only other thing I can think of is to check the bearings for premature wear.

#3 ·
If it matters it was set up at moser i believe cause it was all ready to go when the shop got it ready to drop in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.