Running rich, is tune to blame? help with datalog please - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > PCM tuning & Computer Diagnostics

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #1

Shrike user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default Running rich, is tune to blame? help with datalog please

Firstly, I have a MALF DTC 43a, because my knock sensor is giving me problems, but i've tuned it to only retard 2 degrees max, so that shouldn't be a problem contributing to my running rich problem.

You can see in the datalog the the right o2 mV falls, engine stumbles, then ecm corrects. The left o2 sensor only fluctuates to lean (below 1092mV) shortly after WOT above 4500RPM, and for only a second or two. Does this indicate that the problem is not with the sensor, or could it be some kind of anomaly? At WOT engine runs great. I've swapped injectors side-to-side with no change. Tested the o2s with a propane torch and they seem to be working, swapped sides and the problem 1v sensor seems to follow the sensor placement.

It seems Cat OverTemp is always enabled which may be adding fuel, if it adds fuel at less than 4500-5000RPM. In DataMaster, "BLM Enable" has a green block with a 0, so I assume that it is not enabled and always disabled for some reason. Any experienced advice would be appreciated.

DataMaster datalog UNI file link:
FileSwap.com : z.uni download free

Car is '95 Z28 with 220/230 cam & springs, tuned, full bolt-ons, CAI, LT headers & full open exhaust, WalBro 200lph fuel pump, emissions deleted & tuned. stock TB, MAF, injectors, engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 08:38 PM   #2

steveo Tradesman Level Tech I

can't view your log right now but you say "after" PE?

is this when you first let off the gas a bit after PE is done, and you want to start decellerating, in that transition?

sounds like miscalibration of DFCO to me, which would explain the o2 reading as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #3

post your bin too or send it to me privately, otherwise I can't help much
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #4

You are correct Steveo, it only leans out for a second as the RPMs drop. Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:27 PM   #5

viewing your log, things are not really happy, but since it's not a real log, i can't tell you much (looks like you just blipped the throttle in your driveway a few times... )

being stuck in cat overtemp mode means it says its in closed loop, but its not, it's forcing an AFR, and its running pig rich (your o2s are pinned at 1v).

you gotta get it out of cat protect before doing anything else. you've gone way too far trying to disable cat protect and overheat enrichment, and bugged it out.

i think i fixed it, i'll send you the bin back.

if you're going by that log, its NOT DFCO, since dfco doesn't work unless you're going a decent speed, and doesnt kick in until delay time is done. but im not sure why you're trusting your o2 sensors at this point anyway.

your VSS is stuck at 0, although not throwing a code, so i assume this is not a driving log, which is somewhat useless. not only the car will not enter blm mode or exit cells 16-18 unless driving, but if it's in cat protect it wont either... that is normal, there's nothing useful to 'learn' about a car that isnt moving, or not targeting stoich afr

something else horrendus is going on with your o2 sensors, one of them kicks in for a bit, goes lean, the other one doesn't;

so hows about try that bin i sent you, and actually take a driving log so we can see what's really going on?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #6

Thanks for the bin edit Steveo. I only ran a 0mph log, because I thought it would make the log simpler. I wasn't really relying on the o2s, I just noticed the problem by looking at those horrendous mVs.

I got the Cat OverTemp off by maxing the temp thresholds out, I left the coolant temp enable stock. BLM is enabled, O2s are cycling and happy, inj PW is half what it used to be, & now I'll get a lot more than 100 miles to the tank!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement