help me BOBDEC!!! :D - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > PCM tuning & Computer Diagnostics

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #1

txthndr user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default help me BOBDEC!!! :D

hey brother, just want to know if you could help me out with my log too...i know there was a previous post about a log you looked over....and your expertise are highly sought after!...i just build be a little LT1 stroker/turbo and i think it might be running a little rich/too much timing/knock is kind of out of whack....
if i may use some of your time, could you please look at my idle log....wife and i will be doing some running time and a couple "almost full throttle" pulls tomorrow, maybe that log will help out a little more then just the drive way idle log i just did......really fresh motor/clutch..

and of course, i know there is plenty of peeps out there that know what they be doing with dataloging, not like me! so please chime in!!
WAIT, it's been built! 385 c.i. rear mount turbo, T-56 built by Savers trans, pensacola fl. starting at 5lbs, and breaking in then engine. hopefully will get it to 12psi in a couple months on dyno tune..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #2

bobdec Apprentice Level Tech III

I'm not up on turbo setups, but I may see something obvious in your logs, specifically idle. There is a forced induction forum over here Forced Induction - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board That could also help. Can you post up logs on a shared site (one that does not require a sigh on for visitors). If not PM me and I give you an email address to send them, I will then post then up on "Dropbox" for all to see.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #3

sweet bro, i appreciate! i'll take the idle log and i'm ridding later this evening, i'll take a another cruising around and see what you think
thanks for the link
WAIT, it's been built! 385 c.i. rear mount turbo, T-56 built by Savers trans, pensacola fl. starting at 5lbs, and breaking in then engine. hopefully will get it to 12psi in a couple months on dyno tune..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #4

Default lets get this started!! :D

hell yea bro!!
alright, so plenty of things have changed since i have asked for your (and all the plenty knowledged tuners out there!!!!!!!) help.
i fought leaks, and exhaust leaks. got that taken care of. thank god. then, the day i take it home after the exhaust shop that hooked me up (discount muffles pensacola fl.) fixed me up, i started to notice a miss and stumble.....NOOOO!!!!!!!! i freaked b/c the last thing i wanted to do was chase those crazy mysterious stumbles....wow, i almost couldn't sleep last nigh b.c. i had to think hard about how i was going to tackle this problem....i did checks on the opti, ICM and coil. then, injectors, and even the pig tails...all checking out good!!!! fml... the last thing i had to do was change that spark plug wire that had touched the header during first start up. damn it, i knew the wire was bad, but just earlier today i try to start it and drive it up on ramps, and it wouldn't stay running. fml. again.
i check the headers, and every single header is HOT except number 6 and 8. 6 was the one with a bad wire, i had no idea about 8. so i went to advanced, got me a set of stockers and replaced those two wires.
JESUS! what a difference!!!!! since the first day i started the car, those two wires were being bad players and giving me bad feed back.
i was told by the tuner to run TR6's instead of my two step colder plugs..oops, my bad, and it made a difference, but the wires were on the way out. thankfully i made the correct changes and i even reset the PCM. once i started the car again with the new wires, it took a minute for the PCM to catch up ad stay at idle. then i took it to get some oil for the turkey fryer for tomorrow, and HOLLY S&***!!! WHAT a difference! i actually had a big smile on my face!!
totally cool, b/c the past week it was really running on 71/2 cylinders.
and now, the turbo finally got to feel all eight!!! damn it f-ing pulls now.
so....that i have gotten it to run right, i will finally get it dataloged and get them files up so we ALL can check them out and have a blast
i will be moving back to SA TX, and hopefully get a shop to touch my OBD1 LT1 for some fine tunning. but damn it you guys are f-ing bad ass! thanks for all the help, i hope someone gets something out of this and finds it all helpful by following the thread...follow me on youtube, and i'll get ya'll some nice vids very VERY SOON! davidbarocio1987 - YouTube
peace!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement