Is this code legitimate? - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > PCM tuning & Computer Diagnostics

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #1

blufc3s user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default Is this code legitimate?

Hi
I have a 95 LT1 Z28 motor in an 87 RX-7.
There is no SES light coming on but Datamaster tells me I have a DTC 16:

DIS fault line voltage was low for 2 seconds when EST was disabled

The car is working flawlessly, in fact it turned a 11.87 at 115.5 while having this DTC.
The code is there everytime I run Datamaster, but as noted above, no noticeable problems.
Is there an easy way to clear it, & if not should I just ignore it?
Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
Runs with scissors

Greed4Speed Tradesman Level Tech I

Just so the code isn't from Nigeria and require a CC or account number, its probably ligitimate.

Hopefully one of the LT guys will be able to help you out.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #3

95 Firehawk Apprentice Level Tech III

A DTC 16 indicates no low resolution pulses from the opti. In your case it's intermittent, that code will disable the injectors and spark, but will not light the SES light.

You can reset all DTC's in Datamaster and see if it returns. If you aren't experiencing any problems, the code shouldn't return. If it does, you will need to diagnose the opti and wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
1995 Firehawk #528 resto-mod underway

Planned 383 rebuild: 195cc competition LT4 AFR heads, custom cam grind (still debating specs), 6" or 5.85" rods, forged internals

Upgraded T56: Viper mainshaft and 2nd gear, steel 3/4 shift fork, Billet keys 1-4, bronze shifter cup, internals Cryo'd and REM'd
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 Firehawk View Post
A DTC 16 indicates no low resolution pulses from the opti. In your case it's intermittent, that code will disable the injectors and spark, but will not light the SES light.

You can reset all DTC's in Datamaster and see if it returns. If you aren't experiencing any problems, the code shouldn't return. If it does, you will need to diagnose the opti and wiring.

Thanks for the help. I am on the road now but will try resetting it when I get home.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #5

95 Firehawk Apprentice Level Tech III

Looking again, that description is a mismatch for the 94-95 LT1 DTC 16. I'm pretty sure it should say " no low resolution pulse" or something similar. Make sure you're using the correct version of Datamaster (DM32xEE), or you could be getting the wrong code.

1995 Firehawk #528 resto-mod underway

Planned 383 rebuild: 195cc competition LT4 AFR heads, custom cam grind (still debating specs), 6" or 5.85" rods, forged internals

Upgraded T56: Viper mainshaft and 2nd gear, steel 3/4 shift fork, Billet keys 1-4, bronze shifter cup, internals Cryo'd and REM'd
Old 11-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 Firehawk View Post
Looking again, that description is a mismatch for the 94-95 LT1 DTC 16. I'm pretty sure it should say " no low resolution pulse" or something similar. Make sure you're using the correct version of Datamaster (DM32xEE), or you could be getting the wrong code.

You're right, that is what Datamaster says, not what I stated at first. I apologize.
I am on the road & thought I would get some input on the DTC16 that I was getting so looked up what it was & pasted it in to my original post. Unfortunately I pasted the wrong description, very sharp of you to pick it up.
When I get home I wil try ro clear it with Datamaster.
Thanks for taking the time to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement