LS1LT1 Forum banner

EEHack Help

6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  AtlantaDan 
#1 ·
I just downloaded the newest EEhack and also got a cable from obi cables.com and uploaded the driver software for the cable. When I try and connect on EEHack, it just stays at "Connecting..." The field below says "Sending Silent Request". Any advise what to do next would be greatly appreciated. 1995 Trans Am

#2 ·
did you select the correct port in the settings dialog?

try scan9495 (also free) and see if that connects?

that way we know if eehack is at fault or if it's your setup

what's likely happening right now is it's sending a request to the ECM but nothing is coming back.

you can also open the 'debug' window, check 'verbose' and post your log to see if i notice anything else going on

#3 ·
I work a crap schedule at work so sorry about the delayed thank you for the response. I have a day off coming up. I will try those things. I did realize that when I have it plugged in to the car I cannot change the port that it is using. When I was looking at the program when not plugged in it allowed me to change the port field. I am going to try both things and let you know. Thank you again!

#5 ·
that doesn't make any sense, eehack doesn't know when it's plugged into the car or not (until you press 'connect', it doesn't even touch your serial port)

I'm having this exact issue, works great with scan 94-95,but eehack won't connect. Using same com port also. Car is a 1995 firebird formula. I will screenshot the debug,hopefully something jumps put at ya!
please do

#10 ·
ok figured out that im having an issue with the data stream. for some reason it loses connection every few seconds and logs an error while datalogging. im assuming its doing the same thing while trying to tune? any idea why its doing this? tried cleaning the contacts with contact cleaner,tried all 3 of the usb ports on the laptop-all same results

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.