FREE TUNES! some tuned bins - Page 3 - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
what i meant was more along the lines of it's rare to actually achieve over 100% VE in an n/a engine. and if you do, it wont be by much.

so really if you need more headroom, just take something linear in the airflow calc (cylinder volume is convenient), multiply it by 1.10, and then multiply your VE table by 0.90. that'll give you a bias of 10% in the VE table (well..and any other table that uses cyl. volume), so you can work with an engine up to 110% VE.

there's a guy working on dissecting the fueling calculations a bit better right now. im not entirely sure how cylinder volume is used while in MAF mode. it might also jack up something else that i'm not aware of. but last time i did this it worked fine.
I agree with all of this. I've triple checked all the constants and they are as advertised; 36# injectors (P/N:0280155737) @3 bar (44PSI), 355CID. I can bring the injector constant down or the CID up. But in either case, because I'm SD, I need to rebuild my VE tables after I drop them down in all areas above max VE. I need a wideband to do that. Even if I went back to MAF mode I'd need a wideband.

Basically I need a wideband. Come January I should have some wiggle room again in the budget. So it'll have to wait until then.

1995 Camaro Z28 LT1 LE2 355 w/ forged pistons/rods, 230/238 .565/.565" 110+6, 1.6:1 SA RR, LT Headers with ORY, T-56 (rebuilt w/ some upgrades), McLeod Street Twin, Lowered 1.25" (Stagg Shocks and Summit Springs) LCA Relocation brackets, Adj Panhard Bar, Poly suspension bushings, STB , CAI, !emissions crap, Magna Flow Cat Back. 146,xxx miles. Purchased Feb 7, 2012 (168K) 414rwhp
2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback- Stock (Wifes Ride)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

i doubt you'd have to redo your VE tables. the cylinder volume is a linear constant that is a base airflow calculation. increasing it by 10% should allow you to scale the ve table down by 10% and land you exactly where you were before.

you can use narrowband trims to determine a linear inaccuracy in that change as well (check your trims before and after the change)

i wouldn't change your injector constant (a fuel calculation) to jack up VE (an airflow calculation) (although it would work).
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
i doubt you'd have to redo your VE tables. the cylinder volume is a linear constant that is a base airflow calculation. increasing it by 10% should allow you to scale the ve table down by 10% and land you exactly where you were before.

you can use narrowband trims to determine a linear inaccuracy in that change as well (check your trims before and after the change)

i wouldn't change your injector constant (a fuel calculation) to jack up VE (an airflow calculation) (although it would work).
The problem with the VE tables is that right now everything at WOT over 3K RPMs is off the chart (along with other area's under WOT but still in PE mode cells). So I have nothing to multiply/divide to get the values right in each cell (every cell over 100%).

Also I can't go based on my narrow bands as they do nothing for me in the cells I need to adjust because I'll be in PE mode. If I turn off PE mode I run the risk of detonation (which I can pull timing for but that'll throw off burn rates and O2 readings under actual WOT conditions), but could get close to the VE curve on the tables.

I wouldn't change my injector constants either, but it is one way some tuners go about doing it. My reason is that if I ever decide to replace my injectors with different ones in the future I only have to adjust that one constant and everything else will run the same.

Basically, I'm stuck where I'm set at until I get a wideband O2 set up going. But, I like your idea of increasing the CID constant by 10% and decreasing the VE tables by 10%. Then using the wideband to tune the VE tables back up to where they need to be with the PE tables set to a constant.

1995 Camaro Z28 LT1 LE2 355 w/ forged pistons/rods, 230/238 .565/.565" 110+6, 1.6:1 SA RR, LT Headers with ORY, T-56 (rebuilt w/ some upgrades), McLeod Street Twin, Lowered 1.25" (Stagg Shocks and Summit Springs) LCA Relocation brackets, Adj Panhard Bar, Poly suspension bushings, STB , CAI, !emissions crap, Magna Flow Cat Back. 146,xxx miles. Purchased Feb 7, 2012 (168K) 414rwhp
2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback- Stock (Wifes Ride)

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Mass Debator

Garage
Quote:
people have been asking me a lot to do some basic tunes for silly things like EGR deletes, or whatever, so i've decided to create a robotic auto-tuning service that generates a bin based on your particular needs.

this should be good for people that aren't comfortable tuning their own cars.

here it is: http://fbodytech.com/autotune.html

the tunes generated are nothing special, just the dead basic tunes to make your car run right. it's likely paying for a tune-by-mail tune may gain you a bit of performance over these, and for cammed out hopped up nos monster track queens, they definitely are not the tune you're looking for.

.. but that's what you get for zero dollars, so enjoy.

i will add more tuning options in my free time or as requested.
Is this still a thing? I'd like to generate a base tune for a friends car that i'm fixing up.

The Midnight Special

95 Trans Am M6
Cammed, Full bolt-ons & free mods.
PCMforLESS Tune
Spec Stage 3 Clutch
Strange S60 w/ 3.73's
MT ET Streets

LT1 Life! 18436572
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:30 PM

anybody got any .bins for an a4 383 with a cc306 with 30 lb injectors with 3.23. that they'd be willing to share
Sponsored Links
Advertisement