Talk about the new old guy! - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Talk about the new old guy!

Wow! How long has it been since I've been on to these forums? 2010? 2009? I'm a huge f-body enthusiast, but have no current project I'm working on. I am looking out for my dream machine and will undoubtedly have some tech questions in the future. As for now, I'm engaged to be married in 9/2017 and work as a mental health therapist. Yep. I know. Does not jive with Trans Am enthusiast. But, I am that guy. I will definitely be spending more time on this forum and getting reacquainted with much of the tech stuff and introductions. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKJ View Post
So, back to the import lingo. I don't know it, If someone came up to me and handed me a bunch of pictures and put a gun to my head and said, which is the B83 QT 6OHC.. i'd pull the trigger for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:04 AM
Global Moderator

Welcome back.

Any profession can fit well to enjoy the excitement of driving a f-body. I was once a mental health therapist. One of the many hats I have worn in my lifetime.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response Coco! How was your experience working as a therapist? A lot of people have trouble seeing me as a gear head, but I have a thorough appreciation for any person with a passion for their vehicles, but the F-bodys have always been my passion since age 6. What are you running nowadays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKJ View Post
So, back to the import lingo. I don't know it, If someone came up to me and handed me a bunch of pictures and put a gun to my head and said, which is the B83 QT 6OHC.. i'd pull the trigger for them.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 06:34 AM
Global Moderator

I work in a mental hospital, so my experience was interesting to say the least.

Anyone can have a car passion. Forums like this one tend to appeal to people who like to do their own work on their car. I take pride being able to diagnose & fix most anything that goes wrong with my cars. For those with less hands on experience, this is a good place to receive the knowledge needed to do everything from oil changes to complete restorations.

We have acess to factory service manuals, parts books, and many other resources. Check out the sticky threads at the top of each section of the forum. The manuals & parts books are in the sticky threads of 4th gen section.

My daily driver is a 90 camaro rs with 3.1 v-6. I also have a 95 trans am, 82 trans am, & a 76 trans am. However, they are all works in progress. Very slow progress, I might add.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement