LS1LT1 Forum banner

Turbo 383ci LT1 Build

94K views 424 replies 31 participants last post by  skipjobe 
#1 · (Edited)
Gonna throw some pics up of the current engine since its mostly all done now. :D

This is the turbo kit

Atmosphere maker :devil:

Some engine assembly pics

Cam pic

Full specs and what not will be up later.

See less See more
#5 ·
:lol: Not married, but if you showed my mom the pic, I would be six feet under faster than my car ever went.

Gonna throw the motor in the car this weekend hopefully and yank the front bumper/fenders off.

Hopefully by spring, early summer, I will be running some nasty fast 12s. :thumbsup:

#14 ·
Correct, it was cheaper to use this and I figured what the hell I have the correct intake, might as well confuse people.

#16 ·
And to throw some specs up..

Turbo is a pt76Gts, will be hopefully pushing ~15-20psi with a large FMIC and meth.

Engine is composed of a .030 over block, compstar 3.75 crank, compstar 6" rods, JE -30 cc pistons, and some ported stock heads. Of course topped off with a converted Vic E intake and a little nitrous.

Cam is a 224/224 112, should idle nice and tame to confuse even more people ;)

#18 ·
It won't whistle at idle. :p

Controller will be an eboost2 or a boostleash2 if I want to run a HPA tank and tiny wastegate spring.

#19 ·
Nice job! Looks like a sweet build. Nice parts selections, too.

Kind of motivates me to work on mine now...!!

#22 ·
Yea, chassis will be finished up at some point, but really the only need is front adjustable shocks at this point.

Drivetrain will composed of a T-braked 80e, and a ford nine inch with either 3.00 or 3.08 gears in it.

Would love a mid 10 sec pass with a 135+ trap. We shall see.

#24 ·
I am still in the air with it.

I was used to 3000rpm at 75mph from the other setup, which is about what a TH400 would put me at, maybe a few hundred rpm less.

80e would put me round 2200rpm at 75mph, so its just a matter of justifying the 1200 or so extra.

:shrugs:

#25 ·
Update for you guys.. slowly getting all the stuff I need to actually start putting stuff back in the car..

80# injectors, MSD wires (Still need to figure where to stash coils) and solid motor mounts for teh lulz

Since I hate dropping the tank to fix crappy ****ing walbro pumps... figured this was easier. Probably still running a -044 in parallel as a backup to get me home.

Big news being, ordered a 80e from Jakes... transbrake FTW. :devil:

#34 ·
Hydrographics place local to me did em up for me. Figured it would be something different than the normal coloring schemes.

At least the engine may look good while it makes 400hp

#40 ·
Yes, has both, a smaller three bolt pattern for my flexplate and then an outer three for I guess a 80e flexplate?

Was a little worried cause I made the mistake of using a external flexplate before deciding trans, but Greg @ FTI assured me it wouldn't be an issue. Already checked that it bolted up ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.