LS1LT1 Forum banner

I need help finding the history of a 96 Formula.

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  cocobolo95 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I don't know if this is the right place for it, but I figured this is as good a place as any. Recently, I purchased a Sunset Orange 1996 6 speed Formula. It has been modded pretty heavily, and I am curious to find out what all has been done to it. From what I can figure, there have been at least 3 owners before me, possibly 4.

I know that one previous owner(either the first or second owner) was named Michael B. Now I am not sure of whether he did all the mods, or some, but I know for sure that he ordered a tune through Madtuner. According to the VIN, it was originally purchased in Florida, then moved to Massachusetts, then Maryland. Not necessarily in that order, I haven't got the VIN report to look at it.

As far as I can see under the hood, it's got headers(I think Pacesetter), Moroso CAI, a Spohn Performance strut brace, a Trans Am sticker on one strut tower, and a WS6 sticker on the other one. It has a Madtuner tune, done in mid 2010.

The wheels were painted black, along with the small roof panel between the T-tops and hatch glass. It has Trans Am badging on the doors. There is an aftermarket sound system with a 600 watt amp, and an mp3 input installed in the factory radio.

Alright guys, I know it's a stretch, but if anyone knows of this car or one that sounds like it, or even a profile that could match this description, I would appreciate it so much. Thank you!

See less See more
#3 ·
Updating now that I've found my password again, its got at the very least an lt4 manifold, and was tuned by Ion at Madtuner. I've tried to get ahold of him to ask if he knows any more details if I could give him the info from the tuning paperwork, but I'm still awaiting a reply

#4 · (Edited)
There is a Pontiac historical site out there. For a nominal fee they will send you the info on car as it left the factory. Also where it was sold at with dealer invoice sticker. Do a google search to find them.

Carfax is another possibility. But this is not 100% reliable as car may have been serviced by owner and unreported accidents in it's history.

Finally, there's "compnine" for a small fee they will give you the factory build sheet with all rpo's that car had at birth. www.compnine.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.