Upgrading 94 z28 - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > LT1 | LT4 | L99 Engine Tech

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #1

Camaro765 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default Upgrading 94 z28

Hi I am new to these forums. I have a 1994 z28 camaro with 127,000 miles 4 speed auto. I love this car and plan on keeping it forever. I got the car completely stock and have since added a cold air intake, new opti & water pump. I am wanting to begin building up the motor. First I want to get headers, valve train kit, and cam. I am wanting to purchase these items over the course of a couple months and then have all the work done at one time. Below is what I am looking to purchase.
The first is Patriot Performance dual "gold extreme " spring kit
Next would be some pacesetter long tubes. How long will non stainless or ceramic coated headers last?
And last would be comp cams xfi 466

Would this be a good setup for a mainly stock motor now? I don't want to run into problems down the road. I'm also willing to be patient so if there is anything you think I should add please let me know. Thank you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Supporting Member

USMC user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro765 View Post
Hi I am new to these forums. I have a 1994 z28 camaro with 127,000 miles 4 speed auto. I love this car and plan on keeping it forever. I got the car completely stock and have since added a cold air intake, new opti & water pump. I am wanting to begin building up the motor. First I want to get headers, valve train kit, and cam. I am wanting to purchase these items over the course of a couple months and then have all the work done at one time. Below is what I am looking to purchase.
The first is Patriot Performance dual "gold extreme " spring kit
Next would be some pacesetter long tubes. How long will non stainless or ceramic coated headers last?
And last would be comp cams xfi 466

Would this be a good setup for a mainly stock motor now? I don't want to run into problems down the road. I'm also willing to be patient so if there is anything you think I should add please let me know. Thank you
Can I suggest you purchase your parts from texas Speed? They helped me a lot and their prices could not be beat by anyone and I MEAN ANYONE. I would recommend you buy their pacesetter long tubes coated, and any of your other parts you need. If you're modding on a budget then definitely a cam, headers and springs. Since your heads will be off for your spring change I recommend you have your stock heads ported along with your intake. Also buy a 58mm TB, MSD wires, and stock plugs. You can easily get carried away with a build ( like I did) so know what you want and know what you will be happy with. Look up the Thachery build and get some ideas from him to give you some ideas. We here have a lot of experience and a wealth of knowledge. So I imagine you will have more questions. We are wating!
96 WS6..Ported stock intake w/58mm TB, 4bolt, 4340 SCAT RA/H-Beams/pistons, AFR195 Comp 58cc, ISKY Billet Steel 244/258 .600/.600, 1.5 Comp Magnum RR, CM PR's, Bal W/I 1/2 gram w/1725 Bob Weight.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DpZpTcJaA
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #3

Camaro765 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

Wow I just looked on Texas speed website and their prices are great. Thanks for suggesting them. That made things a whole lot cheaper
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Supporting Member

They match prices too. If you search and search you will find lower prices seemingly in the internet cloud that is seldom searched. However they are out there. John not only matched but beat the other prices. He will tell you whether or not he can match or beat a certain price. They had a lot of what I needed. Good luck!
96 WS6..Ported stock intake w/58mm TB, 4bolt, 4340 SCAT RA/H-Beams/pistons, AFR195 Comp 58cc, ISKY Billet Steel 244/258 .600/.600, 1.5 Comp Magnum RR, CM PR's, Bal W/I 1/2 gram w/1725 Bob Weight.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DpZpTcJaA
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #5

Xzauhst user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

I suggest getting your heads and cam from Elliot LLoyd. Great price and he will make one specifically for you. Nothing beats a custom cam for your setup with great heads for such a good price.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzauhst View Post
I suggest getting your heads and cam from Elliot LLoyd. Great price and he will make one specifically for you. Nothing beats a custom cam for your setup with great heads for such a good price.
Yeah Lloyd is a good choice but if you have just a little extra coin check out Ai ( Advanced Induction ). They are the leader in this field IMO. I think most do not use them due to their prices. At least chat them up and see what they could do for you. I will be using them for my next top end build/ upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement