Guestimated HP - Page 2 - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > LT1 | LT4 | L99 Engine Tech

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #16

Workman Apprentice Level Tech I

All my 95 Trans am really has performance wise is the Cold air and Flow masters, and I pull ricers with turbo ALL day??? I even beat a 96 v8 mustang with cat back, and a 4.6 v8? I pulled him pretty hard. Ive gotten some distance on a 350z no problem? we did a 45 roll and he had me until about 75 then i started creeping up on him and passed him and then i let off at 130. He wasnt close behind me either. And all i have is an LT1. THAT I LOVE =] any thoughts?
95 Trans am A4 transmission, PaceSetter Long Tubes, AIR & EGR deleted, Flow Master Cat Back, CAT removed, TB bypass, 160 deg thermo, Slp dual CAI , Royal purple rear end fluid, Royal purple Engine oil, Removed spare tire+Jack, rear seats, rear seat belts and buckle rolls, removed head liner and scraped sound deadening, removed carpet, and underhood liner, removed AC . 295/50r/15z rear tires.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 01:54 AM   #17

FastLT1 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workman View Post
All my 95 Trans am really has performance wise is the Cold air and Flow masters, and I pull ricers with turbo ALL day??? I even beat a 96 v8 mustang with cat back, and a 4.6 v8? I pulled him pretty hard. Ive gotten some distance on a 350z no problem? we did a 45 roll and he had me until about 75 then i started creeping up on him and passed him and then i let off at 130. He wasnt close behind me either. And all i have is an LT1. THAT I LOVE =] any thoughts?
1996 mustangs unless it was a Cobra, only have 216 horsepower with their crap non-PI heads so you shouldn't have had a problem with him. 350z's have near the same horsepower numbers as LT1s like 270 something but they're still fairly slow in more stockish set ups. You should look into some headers and you'll really put a hurting on them

1996 Z28 t-top
355ci 11.5:1 Speed Pro pistons, Scat forged I beams, Ported heads, LE 232/240 578/.574 110LSA, Lunati dual valve spring kit, Scorpion 1.6rr, 3.73s, 3600 stall, Pacesetter LTs, TSP Rumbler, K&N CAI, CSR Electric water pump, SLP 160* thermostat, Energy Suspension poly mounts, brake proportioning valve, line lock, !A.I.R, !EGR, !A/C, !ABS, !Cruise Control, !Front Bumper bar, gutted interior, battery relocation, etc
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLT1 View Post
1996 mustangs unless it was a Cobra, only have 216 horsepower with their crap non-PI heads so you shouldn't have had a problem with him. 350z's have near the same horsepower numbers as LT1s like 270 something but they're still fairly slow in more stockish set ups. You should look into some headers and you'll really put a hurting on them
I will definatly do that! Are headers hard to install on these? I know it looks tough but would i have to take the engine out or can i just take the stock exhaust manifolds off? And go from there with the engine in the car?
95 Trans am A4 transmission, PaceSetter Long Tubes, AIR & EGR deleted, Flow Master Cat Back, CAT removed, TB bypass, 160 deg thermo, Slp dual CAI , Royal purple rear end fluid, Royal purple Engine oil, Removed spare tire+Jack, rear seats, rear seat belts and buckle rolls, removed head liner and scraped sound deadening, removed carpet, and underhood liner, removed AC . 295/50r/15z rear tires.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #19

My Facebook
Locruid Apprentice Level Tech I

Quote:
I will definatly do that! Are headers hard to install on these? I know it looks tough but would i have to take the engine out or can i just take the stock exhaust manifolds off? And go from there with the engine in the car?

When I did mine I left the motor in the car. I had to remove the steering shaft and dipstick (already had the Alt/Power steering/Acc Bracket removed) and slid them in from the top. Others have just jacked up the motor a bit and slid them in from underneath.

1995 Z28 Purp Vert (LT1/A4/3.23 Rears)
CAI, Flowmaster, 1.6rr, Hotcam
LT Headers, AC/EGR Delete, Tuned.
1400 watt Dvd System for between races
Old 01-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #20

Thank you for your help will have me some headers by the end of next month.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #21

My Facebook

Quote:
Thank you for your help will have me some headers by the end of next month.
Good luck and let us know how it goes. It IS an all day project and you'll definitely bust your knuckles

Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #22
10 Second Opti Club

sweetbmxrider Tradesman Level Tech I

Start spraying penetrating oil on the bolts now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowNoMercy View Post
this is the internet, take it to seriously and you won't get out alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iPMmW3giQQc
Old 01-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #23
Yo!

My Facebook My Facebook
R3DLT1 Apprentice Level Tech III
Default Re: Guestimated HP

Quote:
Not much to brag about if u ask me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DLT1 View Post
Not much to brag about if u ask me.

I'm 20 and only make 10.00 an hour. My parents are dead beats and give me nothing. I support myself and live paycheck to pay check. literally. And sadly I make too much for food stamps here in k-ville N.C. I'm sorry i cant afford to build the piss out of my car, I'm thankful I finally got the car I've wanted since first seeing an F-body Trans am as a child. I had to work so hard and save nickels and dimes for almost 5 months just to get the 900.00 down that my stepfather so generously put the price on his Trans am for me. Im still only able to pay him 30.00 a week and thats all my spending money -.- after putting gas in my car to get me to work during the week i have a few dollars left, literally 5-10.00. So yea sorry I dont have a rad bad to the bone car like yours. Maybe one day I will.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #25

lababy78ta Apprentice Level Tech I
Default Re: Guestimated HP

Quote:
I'm 20 and only make 10.00 an hour. My parents are dead beats and give me nothing. I support myself and live paycheck to pay check. literally. And sadly I make too much for food stamps here in k-ville N.C. I'm sorry i cant afford to build the piss out of my car, I'm thankful I finally got the car I've wanted since first seeing an F-body Trans am as a child. I had to work so hard and save nickels and dimes for almost 5 months just to get the 900.00 down that my stepfather so generously put the price on his Trans am for me. Im still only able to pay him 30.00 a week and thats all my spending money -.- after putting gas in my car to get me to work during the week i have a few dollars left, literally 5-10.00. So yea sorry I dont have a rad bad to the bone car like yours. Maybe one day I will.
Nice man! :thumbup: keep up the good work!! N i don't think redlt1 was trying to offend you i believe he was stating those kills aren't a big challenge... Anyways keep up the good work ! Anyone that works hard deserves the joy of an lt1

Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #26

My Facebook

Quote:

Gratz!! Nice to see someone earning their way through life and enjoying their dreams as best they can.

Mines not the end all, be all either. But I'm quite happy with it and prolly wont do much more. Sides, I usually only run across 3-4 cars a WEEK in my area that would be a challenge out of HUNDREDS so I'm quite content

Last edited by Locruid; 01-23-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #27

alecm94 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

hey i am new to this so bare with me lol but i have a 93 firebird formula with the lt1/6 speed an lately ive been noticing my clutch has been feeling different. when i left off the clutch its comes back very easy, and pushing it down is almost effortless. This is my first manual car and its kind of hard to explain what its doing. The car also seems slower, and the car doesnt move til im about all the way out of the pedal. If you could help me thatd be awesome. I'm not sure if the clutch is done or what. HELP!!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #28

Featherburner Tradesman Level Tech I

Quote:
Keep in mind, racing is hard on parts. How are you going to pay for parts when that thing breaks?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #29

Thanks for the support guys i really appreciate that! =]
And i think my car is fast like it is. =]
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #30

To be honest with you, I hardly ever get up on it. Maybe the occasional on ramp, or the occasional highway race. Ive had it up to 100 maybe 3 times in the 3 months ive had it. I did spin tires before and its on a website called Underground Racers on their page because I was at a toys for tots event and our car club won the award for most toys. Witch by the way I spent almost 60 dollars that day for the needy kids and won 2nd place in a burnout competition for them. I do know if somethin does brake itll be costly to buy the part for it. But with 113,000 miles and the occasional cleaning out of the carbons, I think ill be okay for now =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement