lt1 check engine light - LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums

Welcome to LS1LT1.com/LS3forums.com - please click here to register...

LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums
Presented by:

New User? Register
LS1 Forums Register Photo Gallery Tech/FAQ Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
Premium Membership Videos Perf Tools Mobile/iPhone Link to Us! Social Groups Follow LS1LT1 on Twitter

Go Back   LS1LT1 Forum : LT1, LS1, Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am, Engine Tech Forums > Engine Tech > LT1 | LT4 | L99 Engine Tech

LS1LT1.com is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #1

94z28m6 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point
Default lt1 check engine light

The check engine light comes on at idle only i pulled off my air filters and ran it with none.didnt drive it just let it idle and it still came on. i have an slp intake and 52mm bbk throttle body if that helps. let meknow what you think ill try and get down to the auto zone and get them to run their scanner. thanks in advance
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #2

Firehawkws6 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

Could be the MAF...but you have to get the code read to know for sure.
1994 SLP Firehawk (#64) - Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, 3" exhaust w/o cats, SLP Loudmouth muffler, LT 4 intake, TPiS 58mm Throttle Body, 2400 stall, Granatelli MAF, 160 thermostat, and Morroso K & N CAI (removed the Ram Air box). 13.2 @ 102mph.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #3

yeah everytime i try to get it read it does'nt come on lol.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #4

Firehawkws6 user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

That sucks! Since it happens at idle, maybe replace the O2 sensors...Thats the cheapest place to start.
1994 SLP Firehawk (#64) - Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, 3" exhaust w/o cats, SLP Loudmouth muffler, LT 4 intake, TPiS 58mm Throttle Body, 2400 stall, Granatelli MAF, 160 thermostat, and Morroso K & N CAI (removed the Ram Air box). 13.2 @ 102mph.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #5

yeah its happening more often now and it goes off when i turn the car off. i think ill go get it checked out in the morning.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
Global Moderator

cocobolo95 Tradesman Level Tech II

Your 94 is an obd1 car with a 12 pin dlc. Autozone and many other parts stores only can read 96 and up obd2 cars. Actron CP9145 scanner with 12 pin GM adaptor CP9127 will read your car. The scanner is available on ebay for around $140 last time I checked. With CP9127 it will read any GM obd1 car and all obd2 through about 2007. CP9127 runs about $40.

An alternative is to turn your laptop into a scan tool. You will need a special cable that goes from car's dlc to usb of laptop. The free program freescan will read your codes and let you see real time sensor data as it happens. Another program called DataMaster, does the same and logs the data to a file so you or someone else can watch it as many times as needed. If interested in this route, let me know and I'll post up where to get the cable and programs.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #7

oh cool ill check into that thank you. i know that the autozone here does have the obd1 scanner but the laptop sounds pretty cool so i dont need to deal with the idiots at autozone lol
Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #8

Xzauhst user's tech expertise is unknown at this point

Check out tuner cats for the cables and software. Got mine for around $100 I believe

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
1994 Camaro Z28 19x,xxx miles New LT1 and built 4L60E - K&N CAI, Elbow, Air Foil, kooks LT headers, True Duals w/ Dynomax Bullets dumped, 160 stat & fans on early, EGR & AIR delete, EWP, 255FP, ProTrorque 3200 stall, Pcm for Less tune, ET Streets 12.886 @105.12 1.779 60'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement